Mulantou Lighthouse, 2004
|Location||Wenchang, Hainan, China|
|Year first lit||1995|
|Tower shape||cylindrical tower with balcony, lantern and observation room|
|Markings / pattern||white with red trim|
|Tower height||237 feet (72 m)|
|Focal height||289 feet (88 m)|
|Range||25 nautical miles (46 km; 29 mi)|
|Characteristic||Fl (2) W 15s.|
Built in 1995, this active lighthouse has a focal plane of 289 feet (88 m). It emits two white flashes every 15 seconds.
The structure is round cylindrical concrete rising from a 2-story circular base. It has a large circular observation room. This lighthouse is white in colour with red trim.
- List of lighthouses in China
- List of tallest lighthouses in the world
- Baishamen Lighthouse – the second tallest lighthouse in China
- According to the NGA List of Lights. Rowlett has it at 236 ft.
- Rowlett, Russ. "Lighthouses of Hainan". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- See Rules for the Control of Non-military Vessels of Foreign Nationality Passing through the Qiongzhou Strait by Maritime Safety Administration of the People's Republic of China.
- Rowlett, Russ. "The Tallest Lighthouses". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 2010-07-30. Listed as Mulan Tou.
- Rowlett, Russ (2009-02-11). "Lighthouses of Hainan". The Lighthouse Directory. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 2010-07-30.
- List of Lights, Pub. 112: Western Pacific and Indian Oceans Including the Persian Gulf and Red Sea (PDF). List of Lights. United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. 2009. p. 297. Listed as Mulan Tou.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mulan Tou Lighthouse.|
|This lighthouse-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|