|Elevation||102 m (335 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Musafirkhana is a town and a nagar panchayat in Amethi district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The word musafirkhana means sarai or dharamshala. Located on the Lucknow-Amethi road, a state highway, Musafirkhana is in the northwest of Amethi 32 kilometers, 27 km from Nihalgarh and 20 km from Jagdishpur. Gauriganj and Amethi are accessible from Musafirkhana via roadways. The nearest railway station is the Musafirkhana railway station on the Lucknow–Varanasi rail route via Sultanpur and the nearest airport is the Amausi airport. Geographically, the town is located between 26.37° north latitude and 81.8° East longitude at a height of 102 metres (334 feet) above mean sea level.
Musafirkhana is located at  It has an average elevation of 102 metres (334 feet)..
Musafir Khana is a City in Musafir Khana Tehsil in Sultanpur district of Uttar Pradesh State, India. It belongs to Faizabad Division . It is located 35 km towards west from District headquarters Sultanpur. It is a Tehsil headquarter.
Bisara Paschim ( 2 km ), Dharauli ( 2 km ), Pure Prem Shah ( 3 km ), Pindara Karnai ( 3 km ), Kasthuni Paschim ( 3 km ) are the nearby Villages to Musafir Khana. Musafir Khana is surrounded by Baldirai Tehsil towards East, Milkipur Tehsil towards East, Shahgarh Tehsil towards South, Jamo Tehsil towards west .
This Place is in the border of the Sultanpur district and Faizabad District. Faizabad District Amaniganj is North towards this place .
Musafirkhana had a population of 7373. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Musafirkhana has an average literacy rate of 66%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 57%. In Musafirkhana, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Pin Codes of Musafirkhana Tehsil
- Musafirkhana - 227813
- Pindara - 227807
- Aliganj Bazar - 227805,
- Raniganj (Sultanpur) - 227816
- Bazar Baldirai - 227806
- Kurebhar - 228151
- Mahadevan Temple
- Baba Nand Mahar is Yaday's temple in memory of Lord Krishna. It is believed that God Krishna had come there in his childhood. This temple is famous for Yadav's worship to his local cast god Rajabali and Pawaria. Every Tuesday people use to come with milk and do worship. Every year one big and popular fair is there. Which basically hold on Hindi month Katik (Ashwin) purnima. The major thing is that Yadav's from different districts (Amethi, Faizabad, Bahrich, Gonda, Ambedkarnagar, Pratapgargh, Raibareli, Barabanki etc. usually come here and do worship for his god Rajabali and Pawaria.
- Durgan Bhawani is the temple of Goddess Durga and Hanuman.
- Santoshi Mata temple is the temple of Goddess Santoshi, 6 km from musafirkhana on jamon road. Santoshi Mata Temple is in Tiwari ka purwa, Barehati village. Every Friday, people come and wish for their wellness, and blessed.
- Maa Hinglaj temple, Baba Purushottam Das temple, Khaki baba temple, Phoolmati mata temple are famous temples of Village Dadra which is located 5 km from Musafirkhana. Especially Maa Hinglaj temple is very famous and about 500 years old.
Musafirkhana has a railway station (500 meters from its center location), which falls on the Varanasi-Lucknow rail route. There is connectivity of Musafirkhana from the capital of UP i.e. Lucknow by bus or train. However Amethi Railway Station is major railway station 27 km near to Musafirkhana.
Airports in Musafirkhana
- Raebareli Airport (distanced approximately 44 km)
- Lucknow Airport (distanced approximately 100 km)
- Allahabad Bamrauli Airport (distanced approximately 100 km)
- Bakshi Ka Talab Airport (distanced approximately 110 km)
- Kanpur Chakeri Airport (distanced approximately 140 km)
Schools and Colleges
- A.H.Inter College, Musafirkhana
- Sarvoday Inter College
- Green Wood Public School
- W.H.Public School
- JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- Bharat Public School
- City Montessori School
- Mother Teresa Convent School
- Sarswati Sishu Mandir & Vidya Mandir
- Dayanand Junior High School
- Primary & Junior School Girls
- J.N public school pure prem shah musafirkhana
- Nirmala devi public school Satyashodhak Shiksha Sadan
- Ambe Rai Inter College, Gajanpur Duwaeiya Amethi
- Rajeev Gandhi Polytechnic Institute, Musafirkhana
- Govt. P.G. College, Musafirkhana
Dadara is one of the famous village of Musafirkhana. It is about 5 km north from Musafirkhana and at the bank of Gomti river. It is a populated and pious village. Here, the main employment is agriculture. It is Very famous for Goddess Devi Hinglaj temple and Baba Purushottam das temple. Devi Hinglaj temple is nearly 500 years old which was built by Bais chhatriya Rao rupmal who were influenced by great Hindu saint Baba Purushottam das who was a brilliant wise, great awadhi poet, and a pious person who wrote a mahakavya named "Jaiminiyaashwaghbhasha".saint were belong to Dadra only. It is strongly believed that devi Hinglaj temple has really supernatural powers and only because of this many people come to temple even from Luckhnow.
- 'pure prem shah-
Pure prem shahis one of the famous village of musafirkhana.It is about 3 km weat from musafirkhana.Here, the main emloyment is agriculture. When you enterd this village you first meet tha 'BABA PURE PREM SHAH' .It is tha famous God of this village.
pere gulam haidar
it village is also popular in Musafirkhana in here available government school
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Musafirkhana
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.