Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
|Type||Institute of National Importance,Public|
|Location||Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Campus||Rural, 125 acres (510,000 m2)|
Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), in Jais, Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh, India, is a training and education institute that gives technical and management training to the petroleum industry and was formally opened on July 2008. It has been accorded the Institute of National Importance status and admits undergraduate students from the rank list of students who have qualified JEE(Advanced) Examination.
- Besides main center at Jais, Raebareli, the RGIPT also have campuses at NOIDA in Uttar Pradesh.
- It has a secondary/complimentary campus at Ratapura Chowk which also permanently houses the Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology on Lucknow-Allahabad Highway in Raebareli, Uttar Pradesh.
- Sivasagar in Assam which is under construction. In consonance with the charter of RGIPT, the primary objective of the Assam Center of RGIPT is envisaged to offer programmes of education and training of skilled technical manpower at the diploma and advance diploma levels including B.Sc - M.Sc integrated courses in various areas in the domain of the petroleum sector as per requirements of the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
- In July 2013, Karnataka government agreed to offer 200 acres of land to set up the Bangalore centre which is going to be the Asia's first centre on fire and safety for oil and gas sector.
- The institute admits undergraduate students from the rank list of qualified students in the prestigious IIT JEE Advanced Examination and post-graduate through GATE.
- For MBA, institute admits candidates from qualification in either of the three examinations, CAT or XAT or GMAT.
RGIPT offers courses in engineering, pure sciences, management and humanities with a focus on petroleum engineering. The programs and courses offered at RGIPT are changing as the school evolving into a full-fledged petroleum engineering university. Admission to the courses of B.Tech is done from candidates appearing for JEE Advanced Examination. Admission to the M.Tech courses are done either through the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Admissions to the MBA program is done through the Common Admission Test (CAT). Admission to the M.Sc.Tech. and PhD courses are done through examinations conducted by the institute.
|Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Chemical Engineering,Petroleum Engineering.|
|Master of Technology (M.Tech)||Chemical Engineering,Petroleum Engineering.|
|Master of Business Administration||MBA in Petroleum & Energy management.|
|B.Sc-M.Sc Integrated Course||Chemical and Petroleum. (To be started in Sivasagar capmus)|
|PhD||All engineering disciplines, interdisciplinary areas, science disciplines and the humanities.|
RGIPT has the following departments:
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Geology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of English
- Department of Mathematics
RGIPT has academic collaboration with the many universities in India and abroad. Some of the major universities which have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and share research projects with RGIPT are as follows:
- Texas A&M University, USA
- Kun Shan University, Taiwan
- Chonnam National University, South Korea
- Lund University, Sweden
- Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Louisiana State University, USA
- National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- University of Houston, USA
- Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
Integrated Aerospace Development Program
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur through an MOU has decided to be the mentor of the program.  
- Fundamentally, the Aerospace program is by IET Raebareli from APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University.
- Currently, the program is running in complete collaboration with Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi.
- MNNIT Allahabad and Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad are providing academic assistance.
- In future, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is said to be in full-fledged resource (academic and managerial) collaboration with FGIET/ IET Raebareli. 
Admission process depends on several factors including aptitude, intellect, personality and learning of the student. The selected students are a group who have qualified at-least one of the required admission tests like JEE-Mains/Advanced, WBJEE, SEE-AKTU and even SATs. The students have been provided residential services in-campus at Ratapur, Raebareli. The educational program will require for transition in between college departments/campuses on an annual even-semester basis.
Kaltarang is the annual cultural and sports fest of Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Rae Bareli. It is a themed fest, generally held in the month of February every year, since the very first time in 2011. It is a three-day fest having events like rock band performance, fashion show, rock band competition, stand-up comedy, cyber gaming, themed events, various sports events. It attracts a lot of young crowd from across the state to take part in the events of the fest. In the past, rock bands, celebrities, poets such as Local Train, Astitva, surya kumar pandey have been a part of Kaltarang. It is one of the biggest cultural fest held in the Lucknow-Allahabad region.
- Jul 04 2007: the Union Cabinet approved the setting up of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology at Jais in Rai Bareli District of UP.
- Nov 29 2007: the Rajya Sabha passed the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) Bill 2007.
- Dec 3 2007: the Lok Sabha passed the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT) Bill 2007.
- 2008 – 2009: start of academic session.
- 2011: Former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh laid the foundations of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (Assam centre).
- 2012: First B.Tech batch passes out.
- 2013: Bangalore centre gets approved.
- 2014: Veerappa Moily, former Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas inaugurates Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology at Kambalipura Village, Hoskote Taluk, Bangalore Rural District.
- Institute of National Importance
- List of autonomous higher education institutes in India
- Joint Entrance Examination
- Oil Industry Development Board
- Education in India
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: President's message". Rgipt.ac.in. 2007-12-20. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: Admissions". Rgipt.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: MBA admissions". Rgipt.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology: Academic departments". Rgipt.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-12-06.
- Rajya Sabha Passes Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology Bill 2007 India4u News Online
- Lok Sabha passes Rajiv Gandhi institute of petroleum technology bill
- PIB Press Release
- "Rajiv Gandhi Institute to cost Rs 861 crore". Projectsmonitor.com. 2006-11-13. Retrieved 2012-12-06.