N. V. Raghuram
N. V. Raghuram
20 July 1948
|Guru||Swami Prabhuddhananda, Prof Satyanarayana Sastry|
N. V. Raghuram is a yoga guru from India.
After completing Bachelor of Civil Engineering from Regional Engineering College Bhopal now Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, in 1970 Raghuram worked as engineer in various departments until 1998 when he resigned his job to devote more time in the service of yoga and Indian philosophy.
In 1978 he took training in Kanyakumari and started his association with Vivekananda Kendra and since 1980, he is associated with Vivekananda Kendra Yoga Anusandhana Samsthan, (Yoga Research Foundation VKYOGAS). Mr. Raghuram is the International coordinator and senior yoga teacher of (VKYOGAS) presently known as sVYASA (Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana University). He is the Chairman of Yoga Bharati Movement since 2003.
Raghuram conducted research projects at Middlesbrough General Hospital in the UK and the Northern Colorado Allergy and Asthma Center, Fort Collins. Research papers have been published in international medical journals on these research projects. He was a member of the Indian delegation to the Third International Conference of Ministers and Senior Officials responsible for Physical Education and Sport organised by UNESCO in 1999.
|Part of a series on|
- Profiles of S-VYASA Faculty
- Yoga Bharati Board Members/Advisors
- Yoga Journal article Yoga Under Microscope
- Yoga Breathing Techniques (YBTs) in Exercise Induced Asthma: A Pilot Study
- 1002A Randomized Controlled Trial - Yoga and Quality of Life in Women With Breast Cancer Undergoing Radiation Treatment International Journal of Radiation OncologyBiologyPhysics, Volume 66, Issue 3, Pages S129-S130 K. Chandwani, G. Perkins, B. Thornton, E. Rivera, B. Arun, N. Raghuram, H. Nagendra, L. Cohen
- 'Measuring the Effects of Yoga in Rheumatoid Arthritis' by I Haslock, R Monro, R Nagarathna, HR Nagendra and NV Raghuram in British Journal of Rheumatology 1994,August, 33(8): 787-8
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Randomized trial of yoga in women with breast cancer undergoing radiation treatment: Long-term effects.
- UN Conference attendance list
- sVYASA Division of Yoga and Physical Sciences