Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology
|मौलाना आज़ाद राष्ट्रीय प्रोद्योगिकी संस्थान भोपाल|
|Maulana Azad College Of Technology-Regional Engineering College|
|Motto||विद्या परम् भूषणं|
Motto in English
|Knowledge is greatest jewel.|
|Type||Public-An Institute Of National Importance.|
|Endowment||Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.|
|Director||Dr. Appu Kuttan K. K.|
|Location||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Campus||Urban, spread over 650 acres (2.6 km2) in southeast Bhopal|
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal (MANIT/MACT), also known as National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (NIT Bhopal), formerly Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT), is an Institute of National Importance under the NIT Act situated in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is part of the group of publicly funded institutions in India known as National Institute of Technology.
MANIT was started in 1960 as Maulana Azad College of Technology, named after the first Minister of Education, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. MACT started functioning in 1960 at Govt S.V. Polytechnic with an intake of 120 students and seven faculty members. It was one of the first eight Regional Engineering Colleges. It was set up with seven faculty members and an initial intake of 120 students and acted at first from the campus of Swami Vivekanand Polytechnic. Swami Vivekanand Polytechnic's principal, S. R. Beedkar, was the first head of the institute, under the title "planning officer". The first principal, J. N. Mougdill, joined in 1962. At the same year the institute shifted to its current campus, which was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru.
The management team includes:
Dr. Appu Kuttan K. K.
Dr. Alka Bharat - Dean Faculty Welfare
Dr. M.M.Malik - Dean Academic
Dr. Geeta Agnihotri - Dean Research & Consultancy
Dr. R. M. Sarvaiya - Dean Student Welfare
Dr.P.K. Jain - Dean P & D
The institute is situated in the heart of Bhopal (Mata Mandir) on a beautiful plateau with a verdant 650-acre campus. It has 9 hostels, with new ones are under construction. They have excellent food and lodging facilities along with 24 hour security. MANIT's Computer Center, Canteen, Workshops, Athletic Ground, Sports Complex, Gym, Energy Center and the open air auditorium are the places where students enjoy healthy and competitive environment. They not only attain maturity and confidence but also shape themselves for the future needs of the world.
The campus houses about 4,000 students and faculty members.
|This section does not cite any sources. (June 2011)|
All course-works and examinations for all majors and subjects are conducted with English language as the only mode of instruction. Undergraduate courses are given in all engineering fields. Post graduate courses include Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Technology (M.Tech) and Ph.D in relevant fields, as well as other Master degrees. Admission to B.Tech. programmes is made through All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) to M.Tech. programmes is made through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
For the undergraduate courses the admission is through the national level engineering entrance examination - JEE Main. Prior to JEE Main, the admission was through AIEEE.
The departments of MANIT are:
- Architecture and Planning
- Applied Mechanics
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Physical Education & Sports Science
- Energy Science & Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering (proposed)
Student life revolves around the college campus and hostels. For boys there are seven separate hostels, while girls reside in a single hostel.
There are various student organizations for different interests of students.
Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti - Official Hindi Club set up under constitutional provision. Club works for promotion of Hindi by organizing various events and campaigns. Dr. Savita Dixit, the coordinator of Hindi Samiti has been awarded Rajbhasha Ratna. Samiti organizes largest Hindi fest of country, Tooryanaad.
The Debating Society, NIT Bhopal - The official debating society of MANIT, Bhopal. Initiated by founding members Vibhor Dubey and Aman Saxena, the society aims to promote a healthy debating culture among students and represent the college in national and international level debating tournaments.
Quizzer Club (QCM) - first quizzing society among all NITs, it is the latest society formed in manit by a bunch of quizzing prodigies of manit intended to promote the quizzing, gd, debate and general knowledge among college students. Quizzer club has conducted various successful events. Events by qcm - quizzomania, les quizzerable, gyaan, guest lecture, quizzotica, science quiz, zigyasa
NITB web club (commonly known as Club NITB) - The online community which keeps track of all the ongoing activities of college and further works on web and software development. It is also responsible for maintaining all college's website like http://www.manit.ac.in, http://www.nitb.in, http://www.technosearch.org, http://www.maffick.org. It also provides students with short email id as @nitb.in
Go Green Forum - The environment protection society of the college which creates awareness and take various initiative in improving college environment through means of green ideas. It maintains its blog at http://gogreen.nitb.in
Rotaract Club of MANIT- Society for social service and humanitarian causes. It is affiliated to Rotary International and has been working for number of causes in and out of the institute.
Rashtraay - The street play (Nukkad Natak) society of MANIT brings the current social and political issues of the country & society. It creates awareness among the students and people through their plays (Nukkad Natak). http://www.rashtraay.org
Pixel - Photography club organizes various events like short film making etc. time to time and shows the MANIT world through pixels. It is available at http://pixel.nitb.in
ISTE MANIT Chapter - http://iste.nitb.in
IEEE MANIT Chapter - The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Student Branch at MANIT endeavors to promote awareness among students on the opportunities that exist in the field of computer science, electronics and electrical engineering. Our objective is to bridge the gap between industry and students studying in technology-related fields, while promoting and providing an intellectually stimulating university environment for the student body. IEEE Student Branch, MANIT aims to provide an interactive platform for students to develop professional and technical abilities. Since the inception, it is successful in organizing various events with well defined objectives. http://ieeenitb.org
Roobaroo - Cultural Society
"INSPIRE Club" to develop the devotional soul inside.
MANIT also hosts major national-level festivals and meets, including:
- Tooryanaad - annual Hindi literary & cultural fest. Founded by Ritesh Goel and Dr. Savita Dixit, Tooryanaad is largest Hindi fest organised by any technical college in India. Ashutosh Singh Thakur is present student coordinator. Website: www.tooryanaad.in
- Technosearch - annual national level technical festival
- Maffick - annual cultural festival
- CHEMICARNIVAL - annual chemical engineering festival
- CHIMERA - annual national level, inter-college quiz competition
- InterNIT Robotics Championship- annual festival for displaying robots made by the students, PAN NIT
- SportsMania - annual sports meet
- Samadhan - annual national level programming test
- TATVABODH - annual materials science and metallurgical engineering festival
- Vyakhyan - annual guest lecture series by alumni of the institution
MANIT has been ranked as the 29th best Engineering College of India in the Edu-Rand Rankings of 2015. The survey was done jointly by Edu, an Indian company and Rand Corporation, a non-profit American thinktank.
- Anil Aurangabadkar, former Executive Director, BHEL
- Abhay Bhisikar, Scientific Officer at Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology; alumni of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Ajit Jogi, first Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh; member of the Indian National Congress
- Chet Kanojia, Co-Founder Aereo, Starry
- Dr.Rambabu Kodali, current Director of National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- Suresh Pachouri, veteran member of the Indian National Congress
- Rajeev Verma, television and film personality
- Jeelani Shaik, D3banking, USA
- National Institutes of Technology
- Institutes of National Importance
- Indian Institutes of Technology
- Lakshmi Narain College of Technology
- List of educational institutions in Bhopal
- "History of MANIT". manit.ac.in.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- The wording on inauguration stone inside the current campus say that the campus was inaugurated by Nehru in 1962.
- "Administration :MANIT". MANIT. Retrieved 2011-10-06.
- "Departments". manit.ac.in. 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "Best engineering colleges in India". digit.in.
- "Case Studies, Leaders, Policy, Administration, Industry Focus, Campus, Technology". www.edu-leaders.com.
- "Chhatisgarh contenders". sify.com. Retrieved 29 June 2011.