Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: general clean up (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|मौलाना आज़ाद राष्ट्रीय प्रोद्योगिकी संस्थान भोपाल|
|Maulana Azad College of Technology, Regional Engineering College|
|Motto||विद्या परम् भूषणं|
Motto in English
|Knowledge is the greatest jewel.|
|Endowment||Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India.|
|Dean||Dr. Ganga Agnihotri|
|Director||Professor Vinod K. Singh|
|Location||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Campus||Urban, spread over 650 acres (2.6 km2) in southeast Bhopal|
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal (MANIT Bhopal), also known as National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (NIT Bhopal), formerly Maulana Azad College of Technology (MACT), is an Institute of National Importance under the NIT Act in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is part of the group of publicly funded institutions in India known as National Institute of Technology.
MANIT was started in 1960 as Maulana Azad College of Technology, named after the first Minister of Education, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. MACT started functioning in 1960 at Govt S.V. Polytechnic with an intake of 120 students and seven faculty members. It was one of the first eight Regional Engineering Colleges. It is one of the oldest college of Madhya Pradesh.
It acted at first from the campus of Swami Vivekanand Polytechnic. Swami Vivekanand Polytechnic's principal, S.R. Beedkar, was the first head of the institute, under the title "planning officer". The first principal, J.N. Mougdill, joined in 1962. At the same year the institute shifted to its current campus, which was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru.
The management team includes:
Prof. Vinod kumar Singh
Dr. S.P.S Rajpoot, Faculty Welfare
Prof (Dr.) Aditya Goel, P & D
Dr. S.K. Katiyar, Research & Consultancy
Dr. Yogendra Kumar, Student Welfare
Dr. R.K Baghel, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Dr. R.K. Pateriya, computer and science Engineering
Dr. P.K Jain, Civil Engineering
Dr. J.L Bhagoria, Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Bharatkumar K. Modhera, Chemical Engineering
Dr. Rahul M Shrivastava, Biological Science & Engineering Department
Dr. R.M.Sarviya, Energy Department
Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, Material Science & Metallurgical Engineering Department
Dr. Anupama Sharma, Architecture & Planning
Dr. Savita Dixit, Chemistry Department
Dr. Madhvi Shakya , Mathematics (Applied Mathematics) Department and Computer Application Department and Mathematics (Computational and Integrated Science [Bio Informatics]) Department
Dr. M. M. Malik, Physics Department
Dr. M.S. Chauhan , Humanities Department
Dr. Amit Banerji, Department of Management Studies
The institute is in the heart of Bhopal (Mata Mandir) on a beautiful plateau with a verdant 650-acre campus. It has 10 hostels, with new ones under construction. They have average food and lodging facilities along with 24-hour security. MANIT's Computer Center, Canteen, Workshops, Athletic Ground, Sports Complex, Gym, Energy Center and the open air auditorium are where students enjoy a healthy and competitive environment. They attain maturity and confidence while shaping themselves for the future needs of the world. The campus houses about 4,000 students and faculty members.
|This section does not cite any sources. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
All course work and examinations for all majors and subjects are conducted with English language as the mode of instruction. Undergraduate courses are given in all engineering fields. Postgraduate courses include Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Technology (M.Tech) and Ph.D in relevant fields, as well as other Master degrees. Admission to B.Tech. programmes is made through JEE-MAIN (joint entrance examination formerly known as AIEEE) Admission to M.Tech. programmes is made through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
For the undergraduate courses the admission is through the national level engineering entrance examination — JEE Main. (Before JEE Main, admission was through AIEEE.) The admission for NRI and foreign students is through the DASA scheme (Direct Admission for Students Abroad).
The departments of MANIT are:
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Architecture and Planning
- Energy Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Management Studies
- Physical Education & Sports Science
- Energy Science & Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering (proposed)
|Engineering – India|
MANIT was ranked as the 25th best Engineering College of India in the Edu-Rand Rankings of 2015. The survey was done jointly by Edu, an Indian company and Rand Corporation, a non-profit American thinktank. It is generally considered as the best engineering college in M.P. Among the NIT's, MANIT was ranked 7th. The institute did not participate in the top 50 rankings of the engineering universiites according to the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).It is one of the reputed Eningeering institue of Central India.
Student life revolves around the campus and hostels. For boys there are seven hostels, while girls reside in a single hostel with (A-F blocks each block with 70-90 rooms).
There are organizations for student interests.
SPIC MACAY - SPIC MACAY (Society for the Promotion of Indian Classical Music And Culture Amongst Youth) is a non-political, nationwide, voluntary movement founded in 1977 by Dr Kiran Seth, Professor-Emeritus at IIT-Delhi who was awarded the ‘Padma Shri’ for his contribution to the arts in 2009.
ISTE Students' Chapter MANIT — Indian Society for Technical Education MANIT Chapter is one of the most illustrious chapters of ISTE in the country. It has been organizing a variety of guest lectures, workshops and events under the banner of its Annual Students' Conclave 'CHIMERA' , to facilitate the budding engineers with the latest advancements and crucial developments pertaining to the field of technical education. ISTE MANIT was also identified as the best students' chapter in the MP-Chhattisgarh section based on activities in the year 2015-16. The chapter is governed by an Executive Members' Board which is presided over by its faculty advisor Dr. Jyoti Singhai and Chaired by Kratik Agrawal and Prashant Gaitonde.
Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti — Official Hindi club set up under constitutional provision. The club works for promotion of Hindi by organizing events and campaigns. Dr. Savita Dixit, the coordinator of Hindi Samiti has been awarded Rajbhasha Ratna. Samiti organizes largest Hindi fest of country.
Quizzer Club (QCM) — the first quizzing society among all NITs, it is the latest society formed in MANIT by quizzing prodigies intended to promote the quizzing, gd, debate and general knowledge among college students. Quizzer club has conducted successful events. Events include quizzomania, les quizzerable, gyaan, guest lecture, quizzotica, science quiz, zigyasa.
Drishtant— Founded in 1997, started being a literary society to a versatile society today, which endeavours for the all-round development of an individual by building confidence, improving verbal skills, harnessing creativity and inducing all such qualities that are essential for having a good personality. It hosts the annual event Ripple.
NITB web club (commonly known as Club NITB) — The online community that keeps track of all the ongoing activities of college and further works on web and software development. It is also responsible for maintaining college website and provides students with short email id
Go Green Forum — The environment protection society of the college that creates awareness and takes initiative in improving college environment through green ideas.
Rotaract Club of MANIT — Society for social service and humanitarian causes. It is affiliated to Rotary International and has been working for causes in and out of the institute.
ऐ से ऐनक — The street play (Nukkad Natak) society of MANIT brings the current social and political issues of the country and society. It creates awareness among the students and people through their plays (Nukkad Natak).
Pixel — Photography club organizes events like short filmmaking from time to time and shows the MANIT world through pixels.
ISTE MANIT Chapter — Indian Society for Technical Education MANIT Chapter is one of the most illustrious chapters of ISTE in the country. It has been organizing a variety of guest lectures, workshops and events to facilitate the budding engineers with the latest advancements and crucial developments pertaining to the field of technical education. ISTE MANIT has been identified as the best students's chapter in the MP-Chhattisgarh section based on activities in the year 2015-16.
IEEE MANIT Chapter — The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Student Branch at MANIT endeavors to promote awareness among students on opportunities in the field of computer science, electronics and electrical engineering. Objective is to bridge the gap between industry and students studying in technology-related fields, while promoting and providing an intellectually stimulating university environment for the student body.
IEEE Student Branch, MANIT aims to provide an interactive platform for students to develop professional and technical abilities. Since the inception, it is successful in organizing various events with well defined objectives.
Vision — Technical society of MANIT that conducts workshops on robotics, embedded systems, programming languages and simulation software on college level as well as state level.
Roobaroo — Cultural society
"INSPIRE Club" to develop the devotional soul inside.
Festivals and meets
MANIT hosts major national-level festivals and meets, including:
- तूर्यनाद - Annual Hindi literary and cultural fest,organised by Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti. Tooryanaad is largest Hindi fest organised by any technical college in India.
- CHIMERA - is an Annual students' conclave organised by ISTE Students' Chapter MANIT. It includes Anubhuti (Talk Show), Codathon (Inter NIT coding fest), Chimera X (Quizzing fest), Megatreopuz (Online Cryptic Hunt), Joy Ride (Social Initiative) and other events. Chimera X , the flagship quiz fest of Chimera had its zonal at 9 different cities resulting in Chimera being touted as Central India's largest students' conclave. Visit www.istemanit.in
- Technosearch - Annual national level technical festival
- Maffick - Annual cultural festival
- Ripple - Annual literary event
- CHEMICARNIVAL - annual chemical engineering festival
- InterNIT Robotics Championship- annual festival for displaying robots made by the students, PAN NIT
- SportsMania - annual sports meet
- Codathon - annual national level programming test
- TATVABODH - annual materials science and metallurgical engineering festival
- Vyakhyan - annual guest lecture series by alumni of the institution
- SCCECS - annual guest lecture series by internationally renowned scientists and research paper presentation. Organised by IEEE MANIT Chapter
- Ajit Jogi, first chief minister of Chhattisgarh; member of the Indian National Congress
- Dr.Rambabu Kodali, current director of National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- Suresh Pachouri, veteran member of the Indian National Congress
- Rajeev Verma, television and film personality
- National Institutes of Technology
- Institutes of National Importance
- List of educational institutions in Bhopal
- "History of MANIT". manit.ac.in. manit.ac.in.
- The wording on inauguration stone inside the current campus say that the campus was inaugurated by Nehru in 1962.
- "Administration :MANIT". MANIT. Retrieved 2011-10-06.
- "Departments". manit.ac.in. 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017". Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017.
- "Best engineering colleges in India". digit.in.
- "Case Studies, Leaders, Policy, Administration, Industry Focus, Campus, Technology". www.edu-leaders.com.
- "Chhatisgarh contenders". sify.com. Retrieved 29 June 2011.