National Register of Historic Places listings in McPherson County, Kansas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in McPherson County, Kansas.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in McPherson County, Kansas, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 23 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Berquist & Nelson Drugstore Building||
|105 N. Main St.
|2||Canton Township Carnegie Library||
|300 N. Main
|109-111-113 N. Main St.
||Lindsborg||Formerly listed as the Clareen-Peterson Restaurant Building; expanded and renamed October 11, 2016|
|4||Farmers State Bank||
|101 S. Main St.
|5||Hans Hanson House||
|211 E. 5th St.
|110 & 112 N. Main St.
|7||Holmberg and Johnson Blacksmith Shop||
|122 N. Main St.
|8||Inman I.O.O.F. Hall||
|100 N. Main.
|226 W. Lincoln
|302 S. Walnut St.
|11||P.J. Lindquist Building||
|116 S. Main St.
|12||McPherson County Courthouse||
|Maple and Kansas Aves.
|13||McPherson Opera House||
|221 S. Main St.
|14||North Gypsum Creek Truss Leg Bedstead Bridge||
|Sioux Rd., 0.2 miles east of intersection with 24th Ave., 1.0 mile south and 2.8 miles west of Roxbury
|15||Paint Creek Archeological Site||
|Western bank of Paint Creek, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south of its confluence with the Smoky Hill River
||Lindsborg||Formerly known as the Salina 1 Site|
|16||Power Plant No. 1||
|414 W. Elizabeth St.
|17||Heinrich H. Schroeder Barn||
|632 29th Ave.
|18||Sharps Creek Archeological Site||
|Eastern side of Sharps Creek, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) above its confluence with the Smoky Hill River
|19||Smoky Valley Roller Mill||
|116 Mill St.
|22||US Post Office-Lindsborg||
|125 E. Lincoln St.
|23||John R. Wright House||
|322 W. Marlin St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in McPherson County, Kansas.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kansas
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Wedel, Waldo. "Salina 1: A Protohistoric Village Site in McPherson County, Kansas". Nebraska History Magazine 15.3 (1934): 239-251: 239.
- Roper, Donna C. "The Whiteford Family of Salina". Kansas History 25.4 (2002): 244-257: 247.
- Wedel, Waldo. "The Council Circles of Central Kansas: Were They Solstice Registers?" American Antiquity 32.1 (1967): 54-63: 55.