National Register of Historic Places listings in North Slope Borough, Alaska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in North Slope Borough, Alaska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in North Slope Borough, Alaska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the borough, including 4 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Aluakpak||March 18, 1980
|About 15 miles (24 km) south of Wainwright||Wainwright|
|2||Anaktuuk||March 18, 1980
|3||Atanik||March 18, 1980
|4||Avalitkuk||March 18, 1980
|5||Birnirk Site||October 15, 1966
|6||Gallagher Flint Station Archeological Site||June 16, 1978
|7||Ipiutak Archeological District||May 25, 1979
|Address restricted||Point Hope|
|8||Ipiutak Site||October 15, 1966
|Address restricted||Point Hope|
|9||Ivishaat||March 18, 1980
|10||Kanitch||March 18, 1980
|11||Leffingwell Camp Site||June 21, 1971
|About 58 miles (93 km) west of Kaktovik||Flaxman Island|
|12||Napanik||March 18, 1980
|13||Negilik Site||April 15, 1980
|14||Point Barrow Refuge Station||December 2, 1980
|Along Brower Street, Browersville||Barrow|
|15||Prudhoe Bay Oil Field Discovery Well Site||March 23, 2000
|About 1.5 miles (2.4 km) northwest of Putuligayuk River mouth, along western shore of Prudhoe Bay||Prudhoe Bay|
|16||Rogers-Post Site||April 22, 1980
|Near Walakpa River mouth, about 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Barrow||Barrow|
|17||Utkeagvik Church Manse||October 6, 1983
|1268 Church Street||Barrow|
|18||Uyagaagruk||March 18, 1980
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in North Slope Borough, Alaska.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alaska
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alaska
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 19, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of this resource. In some cases, this is to protect archeological sites from vandalism, while in other cases it is restricted at the request of the owner. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin (29), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.