Natasha in April 2018
|Birth name||Natalia Alexandra Gutiérrez Batista|
|Born||December 10, 1990|
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Natalia Alexandra Gutiérrez Batista (born December 10, 1990), known professionally as Natti Natasha, is a Dominican singer and songwriter. She was signed to Don Omar's label Orfanato Music Group. Her debut EP, All About Me, was released on March 28, 2012, by Orfanato Music Group. Her debut album, Iluminatti, was released on February 15, 2019, by Pina Records and Sony Music Latin.
Natalia Alexandra Gutiérrez Batista was born on December 10, 1990 in Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic, where she started her involvement in music. When she was seven, Natasha registered at the school of Fine Arts in Santiago, where she took classes for singing and developed her singing abilities, which she has described as one of the best times in her life. From a very young age, she had admired artists such as Bob Marley and Jerry Rivera, and especially Lauryn Hill, whom she still names as one of her favorites. Natasha also expressed that she has followed and admired Ivy Queen since the beginning of Queen's career, with Queen responding via Twitter: "Thanks for the respect, admiration. That's having class and more than anything intelligence". When she was 18, she moved to the Bronx hoping to make it in the "City of Dreams". There she met reggaeton veteran Don Omar who then signed her to his record label.
2012–2016: Career beginnings
Natasha was signed to Orfanato Music Group for a few songs. She released a song featuring Don Omar, called "Dutty Love" and "Crazy in Love" with Farruko. Its success led to another collaboration with Omar. These songs are featured on Omar's album Don Omar Presents MTO²: New Generation.
2017–2018: Breakthrough and collaborations
In 2017, Puerto Rican singer Daddy Yankee released the song "Otra Cosa" with Natasha. She released the single "Criminal", with Ozuna, which became an instant hit, reaching the top five of the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart and being the most watched music video overall in 2017. In 2018, Becky G released "Sin Pijama" in collaboration with Natasha in April 2018. The song was Natasha's second hit, with the song peaking at number three on the Hot Latin Songs chart, being certified platinum within three weeks of release, and reaching one billion views in six months, being the most watched female song of the year. She has also collaborated with Bad Bunny, R.K.M & Ken-Y, Thalía, and Cosculluela. Natasha is currently signed to Pina Records.
She released her debut album, Iluminatti on February 15, 2019, by Pina Records and Sony Music Latin. In 2019, She collaborated with Daddy Yankee, the Jonas Brothers and Sebastián Yatra on the song "Runaway".
- Iluminatti (2019)
Awards and nominations
|2018||Billboard Latin Music Awards||Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Female||Herself||Nominated|||
|Latin American Music Awards||Favorite Artist – Female||Nominated|||
|Heat Latin Music Awards||Best Female Artist||Pending|||
|2019||Telemundo's Tu Musica Urban Awards||International Female Artist||Herself||Pending|||
|International Artist Song||"Sin Pijama"||Won|
|International Artist Video||Pending|
|Remix of the Year||"Dura"||Pending|
|"Zum Zum (Remix)"||Pending|
|Premios Lo Nuestro||Single of the Year||"Quien Sabe"||Nominated|||
|Remix of the Year||"Dura (Remix)"||Nominated|
|"El Baño (Remix)"||Nominated|
|Collaboration of the Year||"Justicia"||Nominated|
|Urban Song of the Year||"Dura (Remix)"||Nominated|
|"El Baño (Remix)"||Nominated|
|Female Urban Artist of the Year||Herself||Nominated|
|Urban Collaboration of the Year||"Dura (Remix)"||Nominated|
|"El Baño (Remix)"||Nominated|
|Song of the Year – Tropical||"Justicia"||Nominated|
|Tropical Collaboration of the Year||"Justicia"||Won|
|Pop/Rock Collaboration of the Year||"No Me Acuerdo"||Nominated|
|Billboard Latin Music Awards||New Artist of the Year||Herself||Pending|||
|Hot Latin Songs Artist of the Year, Female||Pending|
- "Natti Natasha". facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-08-26.
- "Natti Natasha Finds Her Place Among the Men of Reggaeton | HispanicallySpeakingNews.com". 2013-10-20. Archived from the original on October 20, 2013.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "Biography Natti Natasha | Hasta Abajo Belgica". 2012-05-24. Archived from the original on May 24, 2012.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- Muñiz Ortiz, Jorge (2012-03-07). "Dominicana Natti Natasha se abre espacio en reguetón de la mano de Don Omar". Listin Diario (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- Dajer, Joan (2012-03-08). "Ivy Queen elogia a Natti Natasha". Wikiton (in Spanish). Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "Natti Natasha, criticada por un "inocente" comentario". La Prensa Gráfica (in Spanish). July 25, 2018. Archived from the original on August 9, 2018. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- Muñoz, Johanna (April 3, 2018). "NATTI NATASHA, LA #POWERGIRL DE LA MÚSICA URBANA". Alo.co (in Spanish). Archived from the original on August 9, 2018. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- "Billboard Latin Music Award Winners 2018: Complete List". Billboard. May 20, 2018. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- Cobo, Leila (September 18, 2018). "Latin American Music Awards 2018: Ozuna and J Balvin Lead Nominations". Billboard. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- Suzette, Fernandez (November 21, 2018). "J Balvin Tops Heat Latin Music Awards Nominations: See Full List". Billboard. Retrieved November 22, 2018.
- "Tu Música Urban Awards Announce First-Ever Nominees". Billboard. January 15, 2019. Retrieved February 2, 2019.
- Roiz, Jessica (January 8, 2019). "Premio Lo Nuestro 2019 Nominations: Natti Natasha, J Balvin, Bad Bunny Lead Nods". Billboard. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- "Lista de ganadores de Premio Lo Nuestro 2019 foto a foto". Univision (in Spanish). February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Cobo, Leila (February 12, 2019). "Ozuna Leads 2019 Billboard Latin Music Awards Finalists: Complete List of Nominees". Billboard. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Natti Natasha.|