Niles North High School
|Niles North High School|
|9800 N. Lawler Avenue
Skokie, Illinois 60077
|School type||Public, Secondary|
|School district||Niles Twp. Community H.S. 219|
|NCES District ID||1728530|
|Superintendent||Dr. Steven Isoye|
|NCES School ID||172853002986|
|Teaching staff||161.77 (FTE))|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.02:1|
|Athletics conference||Central Suburban League North|
|Newspaper||North Star News|
Niles North High School, or NNHS, is a public four-year high school located in Skokie, Illinois, a North Shore suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is part of Niles Township Community High School District 219, which also includes Niles West High School. Its feeder middle schools are Old Orchard Junior High, Oliver McCracken Middle School, East Prairie School, and Golf Middle School. It is also home to several special education programs, including the Anchor, Bridges, & SAILS programs. The current enrollment for this school is around 2,300 students.
Extra-curricular awards and recognition
- For the fifth year in a row, the student newspaper, The North Star, won the "International First Place award from Quill and Scroll" (for the 2001–2002 school year).
- The chess team won the Illinois High School Association State Championship in 2006, 2010, and 2012. They are the only team at Niles North that has ever won an IHSA State Championship. 
- Marc Silverman, Radio Sportscaster and Co-Host of "The Waddle & Silvy Afternoon Show" on ESPN 1000 Chicago
- Abdel Nader, forward for the Boston Celtics
- Gregg Edelman, Broadway and movie actor
- Nancy Lee Grahn, actress
- Mike Byster (1977), mathematician
- Erin Heatherton, model.
- Lynn Holly Johnson, ice skater and actress
- Demetria Kalodimos (1977), anchorperson on TV
- Jonathan Kite, actor
- Mike Krasny, businessperson
- Ronnie Kroell, model and actor.
- Paul Lisnek (1976), attorney, author and TV personality
- Brent Novoselsky, former NFL player
- Jerry Avenaim (1979), fashion photographer
- Noam Pikelny, banjo player
- Connor Price, actor
- Esther Povitsky, comedian and actress
- Marc Selz (1998), film director and producer.
- Calla Urbanski (1978), Olympic figure skater
- "Niles North High School". Statistical abstract. National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). October 2009. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Skokie (NIles North)". School information. Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 21 August 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "Clubs". Directory. Niles North High School. 2011. Retrieved 23 August 2011.
- "North Star Wins International First Place Award", news release at Niles North High School Web site, accessed February 19, 2007
- "Records and History". Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- "Skokie(Niles North) Season Summaries". Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- Lefkowitz, David (25 September 2001). "PLAYBILL ON-LINE'S BRIEF ENCOUNTER with Gregg Edelman". Playbill Online. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
GE: I never really thought about performing at all. But when I was a freshman at Niles North High School ...
- Pisarcik, Kristin (September 7, 2007). "Mikes Math". ABC News. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Stone, Andrew C. "Erin Heatherton Is No Average Bombshell". Michigan Avenue Magazine. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
"I didn’t even know who Kate Moss was," laughs Heatherton, who has been with the Marilyn agency since her senior year at Niles North High School.
- Patch Staff (10 March 2011), "Skokie Native Makes Forbes Rich List", Skokie Patch (Skokie, IL, USA), retrieved 6 July 2011,
Former Niles North alum Michael Krasny made Forbes' "Richest People in America" list again in 2011. Krasny is founder and chief executive officer of the CDW Corporation, which mainly sells computers and computer related products.
- "Brent Novoselsky". statistics and biographical information. Football Database.com. Archived from the original on 21 November 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
High School: Niles North (Skokie, IL)
- Temkin, Barry (1 September 1989), "Head of the class: Friday night is the beginning of the...", Chicago Tribune, retrieved 6 July 2011,
The Packers waived tight end Brent Novoselsky of Niles North and Penn ...
- Zalusky, Steve (9 July 2004), "No short cuts this time for local filmmaker.", Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL), retrieved 6 July 2011,
Former Arlington Heights resident Marc Selz, who filmed his debut feature, "Short Cut Road," in Long Grove ... Now, with the DVD out in stores, Selz, who attended Skokie's Niles North High School, has upped the stakes ...