Not George Washington
|Author||P. G. Wodehouse|
|Publisher||Cassell and Co.|
|18 October 1907|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
Not George Washington is a semi-autobiographical novel by P. G. Wodehouse, written in collaboration with Herbert Westbrook. It was first published in the United Kingdom on 18 October 1907 by Cassell and Co., London.
Much of the book is a lightly fictionalised account of Wodehouse's early career as a writer and journalist in London. For example, from 1904 to 1909 Wodehouse edited the "By the Way" column for the now-defunct The Globe newspaper, while the book's main character, James Orlebar Cloyster, writes the "On Your Way" column for the Orb newspaper.
The tale is told from several viewpoints.
- McIlvaine, E., Sherby, L.S. and Heineman, J.H. (1990) P.G. Wodehouse: A comprehensive bibliography and checklist. New York: James H. Heineman, p. 17. ISBN 087008125X
- The Wodehouse Society's page
- The P G Wodehouse Society (UK)
- The Russian Wodehouse Society's page, with numerous book covers and a list of characters
- Free eBook of Not George Washington at Project Gutenberg
- Not George Washington public domain audiobook at LibriVox
|This article about a 1900s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.