The Uncollected Wodehouse
The Uncollected Wodehouse is a collection of short stories by P. G. Wodehouse. First published in the United States on November 9, 1976 by Seabury Press, New York City, it contains 14 short stories, five of which had appeared in the United Kingdom in the 1914 collection The Man Upstairs. All had previously appeared in UK. periodicals between 1901 and 1915; some had also appeared in the U.S.
- "When Papa Swore in Hindustanti"
- "A Corner in Lines"
- UK: Pearson's, January 1905
- "The Autograph Hunters"
- UK: Pearson's, February 1905
- "Tom, Dick and Harry"
- UK: Grand, July 1905
- "The Good Angel" (appears in The Man Upstairs collection)
- "The Man Upstairs" (also in The Man Upstairs)
- UK: Strand, March 1910
- US: Cosmopolitan, March 1910 (relocated to the U.S.)
- "Pillingshot, Detective"
- UK: The Captain, September 1910
- "When Doctors Disagree" (also in The Man Upstairs)
- UK: Strand, December 1910
- "The Best Sauce"
- UK: Strand, July 1911
- US: Pictorial Review, February 1913 (retitled "A Dinner of Herbs")
- "Pots O' Money" (also in The Man Upstairs)
- UK: Strand, December 1911
- "Ruth in Exile" (also in The Man Upstairs)
- UK: Strand, July 1912
- US: Ainslee's, August 1912
- "Death at the Excelsior"
- UK: Pearson's, December 1914 (original title: "The Education of Detective Oakes")
- US: All-Story Cavalier Weekly, March 13, 1915 (under the title "The Harmonica Mystery")
- "The Test Case"
- UK: Pearson's, December 1915
- US: Illustrated Sunday Magazine, December 12, 1915
The Cosmopolitan story "The Matrimonial Sweepstakes", a reset and slightly lengthened version of "The Good Angel", marks the earliest mention of Lord Emsworth.
- A categorised list of Wodehouse's short stories
- Midkiff, Neil. "The Wodehouse short stories". "Neil Midkiff's P. G. Wodehouse pages". Retrieved April 24, 2006.
- The Russian Wodehouse Society's page, with some details