|EP by Trouble Maker|
|Released||October 28, 2013|
Universal Music Korea
|Trouble Maker chronology|
|Singles from Chemistry|
Chemistry is the second extended play from South Korean duo Trouble Maker, which consists of 4Minute's Hyuna and Beast's Hyunseung. It was released digitally on October 28, 2013 with the lead single "Now" (Hangul: 내일은 없어; RR: Naeireun Eopseo; lit. "No Tomorrow").
Promotion and release
On October 4, 2013, Cube Entertainment revealed that Trouble Maker would be making their comeback. A representative said, "We have established their comeback as Trouble Maker to be made on the October 24 episode of Mnet's 'M! Countdown'. As it has been a while since they were active as a unit, the both of them are fully engaged in practice and very nervous.
On October 23, a teaser video and photo was released which showcased a sexy concept; the release date was clarified to be October 28, and the lead single would be called "Now" (Hangul: 내일은 없어). On October 26, the official site was launched, showing 12 different teaser photos. The album was released on digital download on October 28, and on physical album on October 31. A special limited edition (3,000 copies), rated 19+, was released on November 12. Cube said this version shows a "level of allure and sexuality exceeding that of Trouble Maker as everyone knows it now".
Trouble Maker began promoting "Now" on October 30 on MBC Music's Show Champion The song received numerous first place awards in various music show broadcasts, a double crown in Mnet's M! Countdown (November 7, 14) and in KBS Music Bank (November 8,15), in MBC Music Core (November 9), in SBS Inkigayo (November 10) and a triple crown in MBC Music Show Champion (November 6, 13, 20).
The music video for "Now", released on October 24, was directed by Lee Gi-baek who also directed Beast's "Caffeine", "Shadow (Geurimja)" and "I'm Sorry". The choreography was done by Keone Madrid and Mariel Madrid, who have worked with Urban Dance Camp in Germany.[better source needed]
The music video has a "Bonnie and Clyde" theme. Jeff Benjamin of Billboard K-Town wrote that the video "feels like a concentrated effort to get Western attention". He also said, "'Now' shows the two K-pop idols engaging in very un-idol-like behavior: smoking cigarettes, drinking beer, there's even an implied threesome with Hyunseung. Still, it's the type of shock tactics that American pop fans have become indifferent to."
On November 3, Trouble Maker has released an uncut version of their music video, which was twice as long as the original.
|1.||"Volume Up" (볼륨을 높이고; Volume Nopigo)||Goodnite, Sleepwell||Goodnite, Sleepwell||3:07|
|2.||"Now" (내일은 없어; Naeireun Eopseo)||Shinsadong Tiger, Rado, EXID's LE||Shinsadong Tiger, Rado||3:40|
|3.||"Player" (놀고 싶은 Girl; Nolgo Sipeun Girl) (Hyunseung feat. Hyuna))||Hyuna, Jeon Seung-woo||Jeon Seung-woo||3:47|
|4.||"Attention (Illy)" (이리 와; Iri Wa)||Peter, Young Sky, Jinoo||Peter, Young Sky, Jinoo||3:27|
|5.||"I Like" (Hyuna feat. Flowsik)||Jae Chong, Gyeol, Flowsik||Jae Chong||3:32|
|South Korea||October 28, 2013||Digital download||Cube Entertainment|
|October 31, 2013||CD|
|November 12, 2013||Limited edition CD|
- Hyuna – vocals, rap
- Hyunseung – vocals
- Shinsadong Tiger – producing, songwriting, arranger, music
- Rado – producing, songwriting, arranger, music
- LE – songwriting
- "Hyuna and Hyunseung's return and comeback date as Trouble Maker confirmed!". Allkpop.com. 2013-10-04. Retrieved 2013-10-14.
- "Trouble Maker signals a sexy return with video + image teaser". Allkpop.com. 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Listen to the full 'Chemistry' album from Trouble Maker!". Allkpop. 6Theory Media. 2013-10-27. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Trouble Maker Will Release a 19+ Version of Their New Album!". Soompi. October 24, 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- 트러블메이커, 19禁버전 3천장 한정발매..현아 노출수위↑ – 스타뉴스 (in Korean). Star.mt.co.kr. Retrieved 2013-11-04. Lay summary – Loveindacube.wordpress.com (2013-10-24).
- "트러블메이커, 신사동호랭이와 호흡.."섹시콘셉트NO" – 스타뉴스" (in Korean). Star.mt.co.kr. Retrieved 2013-11-04. Lay summary – Loveindacube.wordpress.com (2013-10-24).
- "Trouble Maker to have their 1st comeback stage on 'Show Champion'". Allkpop.com. October 27, 2013.
- Trouble Maker win #1 + Performances from Nov. 7th 'M! Countdown'!
- Trouble Maker win #1 + Performances from Nov. 8th 'Music Bank'!
- Trouble Maker win #1 + Performances from Nov. 9th 'Show! Music Core'!
- Trouble Maker wins #1 + Performances from the Nov. 10th episode of SBS' 'Inkigayo'
- Trouble Maker win their first trophy on 'Show Champion' with 'Now'!
- "Trouble Maker releases MV for 'Now'!". allkpop.com. 2013-10-27. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Trouble Maker makes sexy comeback with "Now" on 'Show Champion' ~ Latest K-pop News – K-pop News | Daily K Pop News". Dkpopnews.net. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- Benjamin, Jeff. "Trouble Maker Becomes K-Pop's Bonnie & Clyde in Lana Del Rey-Esque 'Now' Video". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Trouble Maker releases uncut music video for 'Now'!". allkpop.com. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Chemistry – EP by Trouble Maker". iTunes. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- Chemistry 앨범 정보 [Chemistry album information] (in Korean). Melon. Retrieved May 30, 2015.
- "Gaon Digital Chart – 2013년 11월 2주차" (in Korean). Gaon. Archived from the original on 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Billboard Charts from November 16, 2013
- "Gaon Album Chart – 2013년 11월 2주차" (in Korean). Gaon. Archived from the original on 2013-12-12. Retrieved 2013-11-19.