Oaks Christian School
|Oaks Christian School|
|31749 La Tienda Road
Westlake Village, California
|Motto||"Preparing Minds for Leadership and Hearts for Service"|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Nondenominational Christianity|
|Founder||David Price and Dallas Price-Van Breda|
|Enrollment||1,400 (1000 grades 9-12, 400 grades 5-8)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14 : 1|
|Color(s)||Cardinal and Gold|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Average SAT scores||1846 |
Oaks Christian School is an independent, co-educational, college-preparatory, non-denominational Christian school, serving grades 5-12. Oaks Christian School is located on 25 acres in Westlake Village, California. The school was established in 2000. The current student enrollment is approximately 1,400 students.
In 1997, 18 acres in a Westlake Village, California industrial park were purchased for the original campus. Oaks Christian was opened in 2000 to approximately 160 high school students and 40 middle school students. By the year 2002, most of the school and campus infrastructure had been completed, with the exception of the new Bedrosian Pavilion, a performing arts facility completed in 2007. Surrounded by the Four Seasons Westlake and Dole Food Company headquarters to the east, the Ventura Freeway to the south and a large industrial park to the north, only one property lies contiguous to the campus. That seven-acre property came available in 2007, allowing for expansion. In Fall of 2009, Oaks Christian opened the new state-of-the-art Middle School facility on the adjacent property. In Fall of 2014, the Academy V program for grade 5 students was added to its program offerings. 
Oaks Christian has a current enrollment of approximately 1,400 students, with approximately 70-75% of those students in grades 9-12 and 25-30% in grades 5-8. Admission is competitive, based on a variety of criteria ranging from primary school grades, ISEE score, an interview, essays, and interests.
It has also received accreditation by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, as well as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Classes average 18 students. Oaks Christian School is one of the most represented independent schools in the University of Southern California's first-year students admission.
In recent years, the school has come to national prominence with its football team, having won six consecutive Southern Section championships and seven overall while developing a number of highly recruited players.
Notable alumni and students
- Eric Sonheimer, At Oaks Christian, name players are on the sideline, Los Angeles Times, July 11, 2008, Accessed July 11, 2008.
- "Private Day School Near Los Angeles - Oaks Christian School". www.oakschristian.org. Retrieved 2017-03-29.
- "Freshman Profile and Admission Information 2015 - 2016" (PDF). University of Southern California Undergraduate First-Year Student Profile. University of Southern California. Retrieved 29 March 2016.
- Haithcoat, Rebecca (December 2016). "Family Business". Complex. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Oaks Christian School - Official school website
- 2007 Oaks Christian High School Educator of Distinction by the National Society of High School Scholars