Oblong Township, Crawford County, Illinois
Location in Crawford County
Crawford County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1867|
|• Total||57.43 sq mi (148.7 km2)|
|• Land||57.39 sq mi (148.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.07%|
|Elevation||486 ft (148 m)|
|• Density||48.6/sq mi (18.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62449, 62454|
|GNIS feature ID||0429474|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 57.43 square miles (148.7 km2), of which 57.39 square miles (148.6 km2) (or 99.93%) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (or 0.07%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Oblong, Prier and White Oak.
- Oblong Lake
- Oblong Park
- Oblong Community Unit School District 4
- Robinson Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Oblong Township, Crawford County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Licking Township||Prairie Township|
|Hunt City Township, Jasper County
Willow Hill Township, Jasper County
|Sainte Marie Township, Jasper County||Martin Township|