From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Olvwm)
|Operating system||Solaris / SunOS|
|Platform||IA-32, PowerPC, SPARC, x86, x86-64|
|Type||Stacking window manager|
|License||custom free software|
olwm (OPEN LOOK Window Manager) was the default stacking window manager for OpenWindows, the original X11 desktop environment included with SunOS and Solaris. Its unique characteristic is its implementation of the OPEN LOOK look and feel.
- Virtual Desktop Manager (olvwm only): allows windows to be dragged and dropped to any Workspace. The number of Workspaces is configurable; there are three rows of four Workspaces in the VDM in the lower illustration.
- Workspace Menu: allows the user to start programs
- Windows can be automatically started and positioned when the window manager starts (and can be started in a specific Workspace in olvwm), using the config file
- olvwm includes its own config file, which allows the user to resize and reposition a window using a shortcut key
- "Focus follows mouse" capability
- Ability to switch and click-into a workspace (using the olvwm VDM).
- Customizable colors
- Specify no, or minimal, window borders (olvwm only)
- Sticky windows (olvwm only)
|This article related to a desktop environment is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|