This article does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
4Dwm is the window manager component of the IRIX Interactive Desktop normally used on Silicon Graphics workstations running IRIX. 4Dwm is derived from the older Motif Window Manager and uses the Motif widget toolkit on top of the X Window System found on most Unix systems. 4Dwm on IRIX was one of the first default graphical user interface desktops to be standard on a Unix computer system. 4Dwm refers to "Fourth dimension window manager" and has no relation to dwm.
- A stacking window manager
- Uses the Motif widget library
- Applications can be launched via a menu panel
- Window decorations include borders and a titlebar
- The titlebar provides a meta button and facilities to minimize and maximize windows
- Support for themes