|This article does not cite any sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
4Dwm is a window manager normally used on Silicon Graphics workstations running IRIX. 4Dwm is derived from the older Motif Window Manager and uses the Motif widget toolkit on top of the X Window System found on most Unix systems. 4Dwm on IRIX was one of the first default graphical user interface desktops to be standard on a Unix computer system. 4Dwm refers to "Fourth dimension window manager" and has no relation to dwm.
- A stacking window manager
- Uses the Motif widget library
- Applications can be launched via a menu panel
- Window decorations include borders and a titlebar
- The titlebar provides a meta button and facilities to minimize and maximize windows
- Support for themes