Razor-qt 0.4.1 running on Linux Mint 12
|Developer(s)||The Razor-qt Team, contributors|
|Stable release||0.5.2 / 12 January 2013|
|Development status||Discontinued. Merged into LXQt.|
|Written in||C++, Qt|
The developers describe Razor-qt as "an advanced, easy-to-use, and fast desktop environment based on Qt 4 and has not been ported to Qt 5. It has been tailored for users who value simplicity, speed, and an intuitive interface. Unlike most desktop environments, Razor-qt also works fine with weak machines."
Razor-qt was still in the early stages of development. As of February 2012[update], the environment includes a panel viewer and switcher, a desktop, an application launcher, a settings center, and sessions. These components can be enabled or disabled by the user.
The memory consumption of Razor-qt is slightly above the one of LXDE using 114 MB in a reviewer's test while LXDE used 108 MB in a user test.
Merge with LXDE
After LXDE developer Hong Jen Yee ported PCManFM to Qt in early 2013, he and other interested developers discussed a potential collaboration with LXDE, another open-source desktop environment with similar software design goals. On 21 July 2013, A representative of the Razor-qt project announced that Razor-qt would merge with LXQt, the Qt port of LXDE. The first release of the new product, LXQt v0.7.0, was made public on 2014-05-07.
- "razor-qt / Code / Commit [r1]". Sourceforge.net. 2010-09-05. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "razor-qt - Browse Files at". Sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "Razor-qt". Razor-qt. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- Reed, Michael (2012-01-30), "Razor-qt 0.4 – Qt based Desktop Environment", Linux Journal, retrieved 2012-02-13
- Noyes, Katherine (2011-12-27), Razor-qt: A New Linux Desktop Alternative, PC World, retrieved 2012-02-13
- Alin Andrei (2011-12-19), Razor-Qt: A New Lightweight Desktop Environment Based On Qt, Web Upd8, retrieved 2012-08-21
- PCMan (2013-02-19). "PCManFM file manager is ported to Qt? | LXDE Blog". Blog.lxde.org. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- PCMan (2013-03-26). "PCManFM Qt 0.1.0 released | LXDE Blog". Blog.lxde.org. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "Google Discussiegroepen". Groups.google.com. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- The future of Razor and LXDE-Qt
- "The First Alpha Release of LXDE-Qt (or LXQt) is in Preparation". Blog.lxde.org. 2014-04-27. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "LXQt 0.7.0 released". Blog.lxde.org. 2014-05-07. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Razor-qt.|
|This Linux-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|