Razor-qt 0.4.1 running on Linux Mint 12
|Developer(s)||The Razor-qt Team, contributors|
0.5.2 / 12 January 2013
|Written in||C++, Qt|
Razor-qt is a discontinued free and open source desktop environment. It was intended as a lightweight desktop environment based upon the Qt application framework, and was "tailored for users who value simplicity, speed, and an intuitive interface."
Razor-qt was still in the early stages of development. As of February 2012[update], the environment included a panel viewer and switcher, a desktop, an application launcher, a settings center and sessions. These components could be enabled or disabled by the user.
The memory consumption of Razor-qt was slightly above LXDE, using 114 MiB in a reviewer's test while LXDE used 108 MiB.
Merge with LXDE
After LXDE developer Hong Jen Yee ported PCManFM to Qt in early 2013, he and other interested developers discussed a potential collaboration with Razor-qt, another open-source desktop environment with similar software design goals. The first release of the new product, LXQt v0.7.0, was made public on 2014-05-07.
- "razor-qt / Code / Commit [r1]". Sourceforge.net. 2010-09-05. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "razor-qt - Browse Files at". Sourceforge.net. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "Five reasons to try the new Razor-qt Linux desktop". PCWorld. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- Watson, J.A. "Want to bring that old netbook back to life? Hands-on with Manjaro LXQt and LXLE". ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-09-16.
- Reed, Michael (2012-01-30), "Razor-qt 0.4 – Qt based Desktop Environment", Linux Journal, retrieved 2012-02-13
- Noyes, Katherine (2011-12-27), Razor-qt: A New Linux Desktop Alternative, PC World, retrieved 2012-02-13
- Alin Andrei (2011-12-19), Razor-Qt: A New Lightweight Desktop Environment Based On Qt, Web Upd8, retrieved 2012-08-21
- PCMan (2013-02-19). "PCManFM file manager is ported to Qt? | LXDE Blog". Blog.lxde.org. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- PCMan (2013-03-26). "PCManFM Qt 0.1.0 released | LXDE Blog". Blog.lxde.org. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "Google Discussiegroepen". Groups.google.com. Retrieved 2014-03-17.
- "The First Alpha Release of LXDE-Qt (or LXQt) is in Preparation". Blog.lxde.org. 2014-04-27. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- "LXQt 0.7.0 released". Blog.lxde.org. 2014-05-07. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Razor-qt.|