|Representing Czech Republic|
|2008 Beijing||Single sculls|
|2012 London||Single sculls|
|2016 Rio de Janeiro||Single sculls|
|2010 Karapiro||Single sculls|
|2013 Chungju||Single sculls|
|2014 Amsterdam||Single sculls|
|2015 Aiguebelette||Single sculls|
|2007 Munich||Single sculls|
|2011 Bled||Single sculls|
|2003 Milan||Double sculls|
|2005 Gifu||Single sculls|
|2006 Eton||Single sculls|
|2009 Poznan||Single sculls|
|2010 Montemor-O-Velho||Single sculls|
|2014 Belgrade||Single sculls|
|2015 Poznan||Single sculls|
Ondřej Synek (Czech pronunciation: [ˈondr̝ɛj ˈsɪnɛk]; born 13 October 1982 in Stará Boleslav) is a Czech rower. He is a four-times World Champion in Single Sculls, winning in the 2010 World Rowing Championships, 2013 World Rowing Championships, 2014 World Rowing Championships and 2015 World Rowing Championships. He won Olympic silver medals at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing and 2012 Summer Olympics in London. In Beijing he came in as the chief rival of Mahe Drysdale, but despite Drysdale coming down with a painful stomach flu and falling in the final stages of the final to bronze, he was upset for the gold by defending Olympic Champion Olaf Tufte, who Synek had regularly been beating the previous couple years. In London he came in co favored for gold with Drysdale after trading gold and silver at the previous 2 World Championships, but fell short to Drysdale in the final.
In Rio after having won 3 straight World Championships since London, he came in as the clear favorite and had a stated desire to badly want the Olympic Gold he narrowly missed in both Beijing and Rio  his quest for Olympic Gold failed for a 3rd consecutive time in Rio as he took bronze in the single sculls behind both Drysdale and the surprising Damir Martin. He is as yet unsure whether he will take a final attempt at the Olympic Gold in Tokyo or not. As a 4 time World Champion in single sculls, with 9 World Championship single scull medals, and 3 single scull Olympic medals, he is the most successful single sculler in history to not yet have an Olympic Gold.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ondřej Synek.|
- "Ondrej Synek Biography and Olympic Results | Olympics at". Sports-reference.com. 13 October 1982.
- "London 2012 single sculls 1x men - Olympic Rowing". London2012.com. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- Matilda Bywater. "Third Time Lucky? Ondrej Synek goes for Olympic Gold.". RowGlobal.com. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- "Rio ONLINE: Ondřej Synek má bronz ve skifu | iSport.cz". Isport.blesk.cz. Retrieved 2016-08-29.
- "Další medaile! Veslař Ondřej Synek přidal BRONZ! O zlatu nevídaně rozhodovaly centimetry". O2sport.cz. 2016-08-13. Retrieved 2016-08-29.