|Head chef||Aaron Whitcomb|
|Food type||Contemporary American|
|Street address||2 Woodfield Mall|
This article needs to be updated.April 2019)(
Pac-Man Entertainment, formerly known as Level 257, is a contemporary American restaurant located at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois. The restaurant and entertainment destination is inspired by Pac-Man and the name refers to the famous kill screen, which occurs when the player reaches the 256th level of the original Pac-Man game, meaning "the next level of dining and entertainment". The restaurant celebrated its soft opening on March 2, 2015, and its grand opening in April 2015.
The restaurant is owned and run by NAMCO USA INC. It sits on 42,000 square feet which was previously used as a warehouse for a Sears department store. In addition, the restaurant also features sixteen boutique bowling lanes, table tennis and social sports, as well as video and board games in the Lost & Found Game Lounge. The interior decor is up-scale modern urban-chic in style and includes levels of references to the video game character Pac-Man. The menu also features references to well-known video game terms of the 1980s, such as "1-UP", chocolate "power pellets", and "Game Over".
The restaurant was first conceived as a prototype in 2013, when Namco announced that the restaurant (codenamed Level 256 at the time) was being developed in partnership with a restaurateur in Kansas City, saying that were eyeing the Chicago area for possible locations. The restaurant celebrated its soft opening on March 2, 2015.
The restaurant celebrated the 35th anniversary of Pac-Man on Friday, May 22, 2015. They featured a live performance of "PAC-MAN Fever" by Jerry Buckner of Buckner & Garcia.
- "The makers of Pac-Man bank on nostalgia to fuel themed eatery". December 16, 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Pac-Man-inspired restaurant opens at Woodfield". Retrieved February 27, 2015.
- "Pac-Man Restaurant Now Open, Looks Amazing". Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Pac-Man the star of new eatery, entertainment complex in Woodfield Mall". Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Quality Time with Level 257". March 1, 2015. Retrieved March 23, 2015.
- "Pac-Man-themed eatery opening soon at Woodfield". December 30, 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Official Pac-Man Restaurant Coming To Chicago Next Month". December 19, 2014. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- "Pac-Man-themed restaurant coming to Sears' Woodfield space". January 20, 2015. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Opening Alert: Look Inside Pac-Man Creators' Cavernous Restaurant and Entertainment Complex". Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Namco planning prototype upscale entertainment restaurant to expand arcade business". January 3, 2013. Retrieved February 28, 2015.
- "Celebrate the 35th PAC-MAN™ Birthday Bash". May 22, 2015. Retrieved May 26, 2015.