Pasión de Gavilanes
|Pasión de gavilanes|
|Created by||Julio Jimenez|
|Theme music composer||Héctor Cardona Jr.|
|Opening theme||"Fiera inquieta" by Ángela María Forero|
|Country of origin||
|No. of episodes||188|
|Executive producer(s)||Hugo León Ferrer|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||October 21, 2003– September 14, 2004|
|Preceded by||Sofía dame tiempo|
|Followed by||¡Anita, no te rajes!|
Pasión de Gavilanes ("Passion of Hawks") is a Colombian telenovela that ran for 188 episodes, from 2003 to 2004. Written by Julio Jiménez, it was produced by RTI Colombia in conjunction with the Telemundo network and with the participation of Caracol TV company.
In Colombia, it was broadcast by Caracol TV. It is based on the 1994 telenovela Las aguas mansas, also written by Jiménez and produced by RTI.
||This article consists almost entirely of a plot summary. It should be expanded to provide more balanced coverage that includes real-world context. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Juan Reyes is the eldest sibling. He is a tall, strong man with shoulder length brown hair. He is extremely protective of his siblings, especially Libia. He is usually quiet and calm, but when provoked he can be very impulsive and violent. He is deeply hurt by his sister's death since he loved her very much. He is ready to avenge Libia's death, by tricking Bernando's daughters as he had done with Libia. When he meets Norma Elizondo, he is amazed by her beauty and feels a connection to her. She has long light brown hair and an exquisite face. She was forced to marry Fernando Escandón (Juan Pablo Shuk), a rather insensitive and cruel man, to escape family shame. She was raped by three intruders years ago and is so shaken by it, she cannot let any man touch her, including her husband. But when she meets Juan, all those fears go away and she falls in love with him. After many obstacles, they later marry and have a baby boy, Juan David, who has Norma's pale skin and Juan's large eyes.
Oscar Reyes is the second oldest. He is handsome, well-built, and has a beautiful smile. He can be arrogant, rude and very greedy at times. Still, he has a good heart and can be kind, sweet, and incredibly clever. Sometimes he schemes to get money, like for example he makes his younger brother go on dates with older, rich woman to make money. Jimena Elizondo is a beautiful model who wants to live life to the fullest and immediately takes a liking to the Reyes brothers. She truly does fall in love with Oscar, even though she denies it sometimes. She is overjoyed when Óscar asks her to marry him. At first he is mostly interested in her money, but has to admit that there is something special about her. As time passes, he discovers that he loves far more than he expected to. Their love grows and so does their endless passion. They share romantic moments together. He learns that love is much more important than money and that he wouldn't care if she was rich or poor as long as she was at his side.
Franco Reyes is the youngest male sibling. He has blond hair, blue eyes, and an innocent-looking face. He is easily manipulated, so people often take advantage of his kindness. He is very calm and more relaxed than his brothers. He is in love with Rosario Montes (Zharick León), a bar dancer who humiliates him often. When she marries the greedy bar owner, he is crushed. Out of spite, he marries an old, rich woman who had been obsessed with him. She dies on their wedding day leaving all her money to Franco. Sara "Sarita" Elizondo is serious, uptight, and dedicated to managing her family's hacienda. Although she is beautiful, she would rather be with the horses than with men. She falls in love with Franco after many incidents between them, though at first she pretends she hates him. She later comes out of her shell and learns that she can not control who she falls in love with.
Libia Reyes is a beautiful 17-year-old girl and the youngest of the Reyes siblings. She is quiet, sweet, rather innocent, and loves her brothers very much, despite their overprotective manners. She doesn't go out much, and it's suggested that she never had a boyfriend before, because of her brothers' protectiveness. When she meets Bernando Elizando, she falls in love with him despite their age difference. Bernando lies to her, telling her that he is single and lives with his sister and three nieces, but he also falls in love with her. The Reyes brothers find out about them and they are all furious that she didn't tell them. However, when they learn that Libia is pregnant, they sanction a marriage between their sister and Bernando. Unfortunately, Bernando dies in an accident, leaving Libia devastated and angry because of his lies. Encouraged by a nosy store owner and her sons, she goes to the Elizando mansion to talk to Bernando's widow, Gabriela Elizando (played by veteran actress Kristina Lilley), who humiliates her by calling her a slut and a gold digger in front of everybody. Crying hysterically, she leaves the mansion. Libia then proceeds to kill herself by jumping off a bridge and falling in a lake. When her brothers find out, they are devastated and swear on their sister's tomb that they'll avenge her death. Later on the Reyes brothers meet Ruth Uribe (Ana Lucía Domínguez), a rich girl who looks exactly like Libia. The Reyes brothers are amazed by their resemblance and consider her their adoptive little sister. Ruth represents the symbol the Reyes brothers can still hold to Libia. It is later revealed that Ruth is the Reyes' cousin, explaining Libia and Ruth's resemblance.
- Danna García as Norma Elizondo de Reyes
- Mario Cimarro as Juan Reyes
- Paola Rey as Jimena Elizondo de Reyes
- Juan Alfonso Baptista as Óscar Reyes
- Natasha Klauss as Sara "Sarita" Elizondo de Reyes
- Michel Brown as Franco Reyes
- Kristina Lilley as Gabriela Acevedo de Elizondo
- Juan Pablo Shuk as Fernando Escandón
- Jorge Cao as Martín Acevedo
- Ana Lucía Domínguez as Libia Reyes/Ruth Uribe
- Zharick León as Rosario Montes
- Juan Sebastián Aragón as Armando Navarro
- Lorena Meritano as Dínora Rosales
- Germán Rojas as Bernardo Elizondo
- Sebastián Boscán as Leandro Santos
- Maria Margarita Giraldo as Raquel Santos de Uribe
- Consuelo Luzardo as Melisa de Santos
- Giovanni Suarez Forero as Benito Santos
- Fernando Corredor as Calixto Uribe
- Julio del Mar as Leonidas Coronado
- Lady Noriega as Pepa "Pepita" Ronderos
- Andrea Villareal as Panchita López
- Pedro Roda as Olegario
- Talú Quintero as Eduvina Trueba
- Andrés Felipe Martínez as Malcolm Ríos
- Clemencia Guillén as Carmela Gordillo
- Leonelia González as Belinda Rosales
- Jaime Gutiérrez as Genaro Salinas
- Pilar Álvarez as Violeta Villas
- Alberto Marulanda as Miguel Barragán
- Carlos Alberto Sanchez as Manolo Barragán
- Inés Prieto as Hortencia Garrido de Barragán
- Sigifredo Vega as Filemón Barragán
- Víctor Rodríguez as Memo Duque
- Margarita Amado as Rosita
- Carlos Duplat as Agapito Cortéz
- Gloria Gómez as Eva Rodriguez
- Jacqueline Henríquez as Úrsula de Rosales
- Samuel Hernández as Zacarías Rosales
- Ricardo Herrera as Antonio Coronado
In the 2nd quarter of 2015, ABS-CBN announced RTI Producciones (in partnership with Caracol Televisión) and Telemundo have given to permit to do a Pinoy version of the series known as Pasión de Amor starring Jake Cuenca, Arci Muñoz, Ejay Falcon, Ellen Adarna, Joseph Marco and Coleen Garcia. Pasión de Amor premiered on June 1, 2015 and ended on February 28, 2016 with a total of 194 episodes in 3 seasons.
- "Qué fue de los actores de 'Pasión de Gavilanes'" (in Spanish). Periódico Qué. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- Triana Alonso. "PASIÓN DE GAVILANES: ¿QUÉ FUE DE MICHEL BROWN, JUAN ALFONSO BAPTISTA Y MARIO CIMARRO?" (in Spanish). ellookdelasfamosas.es. Retrieved March 24, 2015.
- "Actriz de Pasión de gavilanes optimista frente al cáncer (Fotos)" (in Spanish). informe21.com. Retrieved March 24, 2015.