Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University
|Уманський державний педагогічний університет імені Павла Тичини|
|Rector||Prof. Oleksandr Bezlyudnyi|
Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University is a Ukrainian university in Uman.
Post address: 2 Sadova Str. Uman, Cherkasy Region, 20300, Ukraine
Campuses and buildings
The University is housed in five buildings, besides it has two hotels, two canteens as well as some workshops and a sports complex. The University has research agricultural station used for student field practice. The total training area of the University is 23.069 square meters. The University has an Orthodox Church.
Institutes and faculties
- Child Development Institute (departments: Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Arts and Teaching);
- Institute of Social and Economic Education (departments: Social and Psychological Education, Physical Education, Economics);
- Institute of Natural Sciences, Mathematics and Technology Education (departments of Physics and Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Geography, Technology and Pedagogy);
- Institute of Philology and Social Sciences (departments of Ukrainian Language, Foreign Languages, History).
Honorable Doctors and famous alumni
- Oleksandr Krykun - graduate of the Department of Teaching, bronze medalist at the Olympic Games in Atlanta -96, a competitor of the Olympic Games in Sydney, a member of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine, Chairman of the Committee of Athletes.
- Yuriy Bodrov – Mayor of Uman.
- Maryna Pavlenko - Member of the National Union of Writers of Ukraine.
Awards and reputation
- 2006 - Diploma of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- 2008 - International exhibition "Modern Education in Ukraine - 2008" (winner in the nomination "The Application of Achievements of Pedagogy in Educational Practice," the honorary title of "The Leader of Modern Education")
- 2008 - 2009 - Rating of higher educational institutions of Ukraine of III-IV accreditation levels (159th position),
- 2010 - Rating of higher educational institutions of Ukraine of III-IV accreditation levels (142nd position).
- 2011 - 2012 academic year
- 2011 - Rating of higher educational establishments of Ukraine III-IV accreditation levels (4th position) Rating "Top 200 Ukraine" (142nd position), Rating "Vebometrix" (54th position), International Academic Rating of Popularity and Quality "Golden Fortune" (silver medal "For Significant Contribution to the Training of Highly Qualified Teachers for Public Education of Ukraine" and order "For Patriotism” of the 2nd degree).
International exhibition "Modern Education - 2011" (Silver medal in the "Implementation of Competencies as a Basis for Training Competitive Specialists in Higher Education"); XIX International Exhibition "Education and Career - 2011" (Grand Prix "Leader of National Education", and the Silver Medal in the category "Competence Approach in Higher Education"); Third National Exhibition-presentation "Innovations in Modern Education" (Gold medal in the category "Innovations in the Use of IT in Education") XX International Exhibition "Education and Career - 2011" (November 2011) (Gold medal for "Youth Career Guidance").
- XXI International Exhibition "Education and Career - 2012" (Grand Prix, the honorary title of "Leader of National Education").