Pendleton Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|• Total||35.73 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.53 sq mi (92.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.56%|
|Elevation||472 ft (144 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,192|
|• Density||33.9/sq mi (13.1/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62810, 62814, 62872|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.73 square miles (92.5 km2), of which 35.53 square miles (92.0 km2) (or 99.44%) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) (or 0.56%) is water. The township is centered at 38°16'N 88°45'W (38.259,-89.755). It is traversed east-west by Interstate Route 64 and northwest to southeast by State Route 142.
Cities, towns, villages
- Opdyke at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Harris Grove at
- Lynchburg at
(These towns are listed as "historical" by the USGS.)
- Webber Township (north)
- Four Mile Township, Wayne County (northeast)
- Dahlgren Township, Hamilton County (southeast)
- Moore's Prairie Township (south)
- Spring Garden Township (southwest)
- Dodds Township (west)
- Mt. Vernon Township (northwest)
The township contains these nine cemeteries: Flint, Laird, New Hope, Opdyke, Rentchler, Richardson Farm, Shelton, Smith and Wall Farm.
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Pendleton Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.