Bald Hill Township, Jefferson County, Illinois
|Bald Hill Township|
Location in Jefferson County
Jefferson County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1869|
|• Total||36.13 sq mi (93.6 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Water||0.33 sq mi (0.9 km2) 0.91%|
|Elevation||486 ft (148 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||765|
|• Density||21.4/sq mi (8.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62883, 62894|
According to the 2010 census, the township (T4S R1E) has a total area of 36.13 square miles (93.6 km2), of which 35.8 square miles (93 km2) (or 99.09%) is land and 0.33 square miles (0.85 km2) (or 0.91%) is water. The township is centered at 38°10'N 89°6'W (38.169,-89.092).
Cities, towns, villages
- Waltonville (northeast quarter)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Blissville Township (north)
- McClellan Township (northeast)
- Elk Prairie Township (east)
- Barren Township, Franklin County (southeast)
- Goode Township, Franklin County (south)
- DuBois Township, Washington County (northwest)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Bald Hill, Dryden, Saint Barbara, Stephens and Ward.
- Sesser-Valier Community Unit School District 196
- Waltonville Community Unit School District 1
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Bald Hill Township, Jefferson County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.