Poona Piagapo, Lanao del Norte
|Municipality of Poona Piagapo|
Map of Lanao del Norte with Poona Piagapo highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||March 31, 1976|
|Barangays||26 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Farhana R. Palawan|
|• Vice Mayor||Imelda T. Polayagan|
|• Electorate||10,493 voters (2016)|
|• Total||260.07 km2 (100.41 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||100/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)63|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
Poona Piagapo, officially the Municipality of Poona Piagapo, is a 4th class municipality in the province of Lanao del Norte, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 27,018 people.
Under Presidential Decree No. 916, 31 March 1976, the town of Poona Piagapo was created from the following:
- The barangays of Tangklao, Piangamanganan, Kadayonan, Lupitan, Punud, Kabasaran, Pantau-Raya, Kablanga, Pantaon, Nunungen, Lumbaka-Ingud, and Tadoken in the municipality of Pantau-Ragat,
- the barangays of Lumbaka-Ingud, Pened, Domiorog, Daramba, Nunang, Sulo, Caromatan, Tagoranao, Madamba, Lumbatan, Madaya, Bobong-Dinaig, Linindingan, Maliwanag, Dinaig, Timbangalan, Pindolonan, and Alowin in the municipality of Matungao,
all in the province of Lanao del Norte, are hereby separated from said municipalities and constituted into a distinct and independent municipality to be known as the municipality of Poona-Piagapo in the province of Lanao del Norte. The seat of the new municipality shall be located at the barangay of Poona-Piagapo to be established within the proximity of Barangay Lumbaka-Ingud.
Poona Piagapo is politically subdivided into 26 barangays.
- Pantao Raya
- Poblacion (Lumbacaingud)
|Population census of Poona Piagapo|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Lanao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Lanao del Norte". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- P.D. 916 - CREATING THE MUNICIPALITY OF POONA PIAGAPO IN THE PROVINCE OF LANAO DEL NORTE
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|