Paddyfields in Pulikkal
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Proposed Karipur-Kondotty Municipality
The proposed Karipur-Kondotty Municipality comprises:
- Kondotty panchayat (villages of Kondotty, and part of Karipur)
- Nediyiruppu panchayat (villages of Nediyiruppu, and part of Karipur)
- Pallikkal panchayat (villages of Pallikkal, and part of Karipur)
- Pulikkal panchayat
- Cherukavu panchayat
- Vazhayur panchayat
Total Area: 122.99 km2
Total Population (1991 Census): 152,839
Most parts of Pulikkal town fall under the jurisdiction of Cherukavu Panchayath administration. The word Pulikkal is used to refer to the town and the word Cherukavu is used only by the bureaucracy. The actual center of Cherukavu village is in Kannamvettikkavu, five kilometers away from Pulikkal town.
Suburbs and Villages
- Periyambalam and Andiyoorkunnu
- Alungal and Kottappuram
- Thalekkara and Neettanimmal
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2008-12-10.
- "Talks on Karipur airport development today". The Hindu. 3 November 2004. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
|This article related to a location in Malappuram district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|