Python for S60
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Paradigm||multi-paradigm: object-oriented, imperative, functional|
|Designed by||Guido van Rossum|
|Developer||Python Software Foundation|
2.0.0 / 11 February 2010
|Implementation language||C++, Python|
|OS||Symbian OS, S60 platform|
|License||Apache license, Python Software Foundation License|
The Python for S60 also called PyS60 (Unix name), was Nokia’s port of the general Python programming language to its S60 software platform, originally based on Python 2.2.2 from 2002. The latest final version, PyS60-2.0.0, released on 11 February 2010 updated the python core to version 2.5.4.
First released in 2005, it featured a relatively small set of modules and functions. Version 1.2, the last non-opensource release and the second version of PyS60, brought many improvements and was made available on 21 October 2005 on Forum Nokia.
After becoming open source, PyS60 had the advantage of a strong and dedicated community that could actively contribute to improving it. The milestone release was Version 1.3.11.
The final version to support S60 2nd Edition platform, 1.4.5, was released on 3 December 2008. On 24 December 2008, a developer version, 1.9.0, was released. It featured several improvements, the main of which was a new core based on Python 2.5.1. The latest final version, 2.0.0, was released on 11 February 2010. Its core is based on Python 2.5.4.
- List of Python software
- List of integrated development environments for Python
- Open Programming Language for older Symbian devices
- "Nokia - Nokia to Release Python for S60 Source Code to Open-Source Software Developer Community". Archived from the original on 18 May 2007. Retrieved 17 November 2008.
- "Download:Ensymble v0.29 - Now a distutils package". Code.google.com. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Python for S60 version history Archived 14 February 2011 at WebCite
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: Python Programming|
|Wikiversity has learning resources about Python|
- Nokia Research Center - Python for S60
- Maemo Garage - Python for S60
- SourceForge.net - Python for S60
- Nokia Wiki - Python for S60
- Python - Developer Discussion Boards
- Forum Nokia Wiki - Category:Python
- Maemo - Garage - Python for S60 - Project Filelist
- SymbianFreak freeware collection - Python Applications and Games
- Python on Symbian complete online book by Pankaj Nathani and Bogdan Galiceanu also hardcopy ISBN 978-1-4537-4799-5