Nokia Download!, originally Nokia Catalogs, was a mobile application for Nokia devices that allowed access to digitally distributed media content. Catalogs/Download! came preloaded on most Symbian S60 smartphones from Nokia (from 2006), as well as some later Series 40 feature phones. Most of the content was paid.
The Catalogs/Download! store had access to applications, tones, videos, graphics, games, and news content from aggregators Nokia Software Market, WidSets, and third-parties like Handango, Jamster and Yahoo! Go. In June 2006 Nokia announced the Nokia Content Discoverer and signed deals that brought content from Electronic Arts, Warner Bros and others to the Content Discoverer.
Nokia had earlier in 2004 attempted to create such a system with Preminet, an end-to-end global sales channel. The Content Discoverer is effectively an evolution of it. Both the names Catalogs and Content Discoverer were soon replaced solely by "Download!".
- "Nokia and EA team up on Mobile Gaming".
- "Nokia - Download". 9 December 2006. Archived from the original on 9 December 2006.
- Janousek, Scott; Elrom, Elad; Joos, Thomas (10 August 2009). AdvancED Flash on Devices: Mobile Development with Flash Lite and Flash 10. Apress. ISBN 9781430219040 – via Google Books.
- "Nokia Europe - Download!". 5 December 2008. Archived from the original on 5 December 2008.
- "S60 Gaming - the Download! route".
- "Nokia expands business phone line with stylish new E51".
- "Nokia Content Discoverer | GeoConnexion". www.geoconnexion.com. Archived from the original on 2019-02-06.
- Chehimi, Fadi; Clarke, Leon; Coffey, Michael; Coulton, Paul; Davies, Twm; Geisler, Roland; Hietala, Nigel; Mason, Sam; Nielsen, Peter Lykke; Pamir, Aleks Garo; Stichbury, Jo (15 April 2008). Games on Symbian OS: A Handbook for Mobile Development. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9780470998144 – via Google Books.
- "August 2006 – Phonesnews.com". www.phonesnews.com.
- "Warner Bros boards Nokia mobiles".
- "Marriages to be made on mobile phones!". ciol.com. October 30, 2007.
- "Briefing: Nokia concludes deals with Warner and China - Technology - International Herald Tribune - the New York Times". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 2018-10-23. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- http://www.mobilemonday.ru/portals/0/presentations/0703antila3.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "Nokia aims to attract operators, developers with Preminet". 25 October 2004.
- "Nokia Content Discoverer". 19 June 2006.
- "Mobile Monday Italy - Bringing the Mobile Industry Together". Archived from the original on 2016-02-15. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Nokia opens doors to Download Store". The Register.
- "Nokia Widsets is now part of OVI Store". www.fonearena.com.
- "Nokia Ovi's 20,000+". 9 May 2009.