Ramaiah Institute of Technology
|Motto||Service to Humanity is Service to God|
|Principal||N. V. R. Naidu|
|Affiliations||Visvesvaraya Technological University|
Ramaiah Institute of Technology (RIT), formerly M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT), is an autonomous private engineering college located in Bangalore, Karnataka and is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University headquartered at Belgaum, Karnataka, India. The college was established in 1962. Since August 2007, RIT has been academically autonomous for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs. While VTU will still award the degrees, the college has academic freedom in framing its own schemes of study, curricula and student evaluation. RIT offers undergraduate and graduate courses of study and research including Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Architecture, Master of Technology, Master of Business Administration and offers programs leading to award of PhD in various disciplines. RIT is also a research centre in 12 areas including engineering and management disciplines. RIT is the only engineering college in Bangalore that is autonomous for both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The institute has academic alliances with Intel, IBM, Schneider Electric, JSW Steel Ltd, Cognizant EMC, Nokia and other multinationals. It also partnered ISRO in 2010 to build the StudSat nano satellite and RIT was chosen in 2012 to join the consortium of colleges that would assist ISRO in the StudSat-2 project. The institute is also credited for the development of India's first unmanned air vehicle (UAV) with an autopilot system.
RIT was founded in 1962 by the late M. S. Ramaiah, an educationist, philanthropist, and infrastructure visionary. RIT is part of Gokula Education Foundation (GEF) which owns and manages several educational institutions across various streams. The foundation also runs a Multi Speciality Hospital. RIT was the first institute started by the Gokula Education Foundation.
RIT is in the 56th year of existence and is one of the oldest engineering colleges in south India. Only 5 other engineering institutions have achieved this mark in Karnataka-UVCE, BMSCE in Bangalore, BVB College of Engineering & Technology in Hubli Malnad College of Engineering in Hassan and Siddaganga institute of technology(Tumkur). MSRIT is separate from M S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences which is a new private university created by the same management.
M. R. Seetharam, son of M. S. Ramaiah, currently heads the college management as director.
The autonomy given to the institute by the government is only for academic matters. The governing council of the college includes two principals of other colleges, one state government of Karnataka bureaucrat, one central government of India bureaucrat, and one member from the VTU.
Affiliations and approvals
Initially, RIT was affiliated to Mysore University, later with the Bangalore University (until 2002) and now Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. It is an institutional member of the ISTE and is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE) which is a must for any technical institute in India. It has been certified ISO 9001:2008 and has been accredited for quality education by the Central government of India Body National Board of Accreditation. The Architecture Department is approved by Council of Architecture(Government of India).
RIT offers Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) at the Under Graduate level. The program spans over 4 years and is offered in 12 different branches. The course structure is designed by the faculty of the college with the consultation of the faculty at VTU and IISc.
The intake in the college is fixed by AICTE in India and no affiliated college has the right to increase the intake. This rule applies even to colleges that are academically autonomous. In 2010, RIT's students won 29 VTU medals in academics second to RVCE in the state among 186 VTU-affiliated colleges. The medals were awarded by governor of Karnataka Hansraj Bhardwaj.
The Institute offers 2-year Master of Technology (MTech) in the various Branches as well as Master of Architecture (Landscape Architecture), MCA and MBA. The college also offers M.Sc. (Eng) by research.
The college also offers PhD program in 12 areas. RIT is an approved Research Centre by Government of Karnataka.
- IEEE: The college has an IEEE Student branch. The IEEE-MSRIT celebrates its tech fest Aavishkaar each year Various competitions such as Algomach (On Spot Programming), Design and Debugging (Circuit debugging), Robotics, Cyber Treasure Hunt (CTH), Paper Presentation, Gaming, Tech Quiz, Product Design, 8086/8051 Programming, Amazing Race, Photoshop Contest are held along with Workshops.
- TEDxMSRIT: This student organisation conducted a national event in March 2012. The event involved speakers such as Atul Chitnis, Devi Prasad Shetty, Soumitra Bhattacharya Praveen Godkhindi and others.
- UDBHAV: UDBHAV is the annual Cultural Fest held at RIT every year.
- Shoutout: Annual intra-college theatre fest held in the odd semester.
- Dr. M.S. Ramaiah Memorial Parliamentary Debate: MSRMPD is the annual International Parliamentary Debate Tournament organised at RIT, with participation from across South-East Asia.
- VTU Fest: The Government of Karnataka in association with RIT held the 13th annual Youth Fest at RIT. The fest was named 'Udbhav'. The fest was open to all engineering colleges.
- Karnataka's first IBM Centre of Excellence was established on 19 March 2009 at RIT. This center has been in involved in training students with software like DB2, Tivoli, etc.
- Schneider Electric: RIT has signed a memorandum of understanding With global energy management company Schneider Electric to promote technical excellence in the field of electronics, software and control engineering. The MoU covers “university partnership for curriculum development” and through this arrangement RIT has developed two courses – advanced industrial automation and modern controls, and energy management
- JSW Energy Centre of Excellence (JSWECE). RIT entered into a MoU with 8 Billion USD company JSW Energy for offering a one-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Power Plant Engineering for engineering graduates
- Intel Center of Excellence: International microprocessor giant Intel entered into an agreement with RIT to open a Centre of excellence in January 2010. The event was attended by Scott apeland who is the Director of Developer Networks at Intel, USA. The program aims at faculty development and inclusion of Intel processor in curricula of RIT. This center is only one of its kind in Karnataka.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions is entering into an agreement with RIT in a collaboration to create industry specific courses for students.
- Autodesk has recognised M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology as one of the Zonal Centre for the YEARLY CAD DESIGN CONTEST.
- Autodesk has awarded Sunith Babu L from Department of Mechanical Engineering, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology as India's First Autodesk Certified Instructor.
- Autodesk has recognised Sunith Babu L from Department of Mechanical Engineering, M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology as an Academic Council Member for "All India 3D Student Design Competition".
The college has an alumni association which is known as MSRITAA. The MSRITAA has initiated a book bank scheme and funding of research projects, among other activities.
- Sajjan Jindal, graduated 1982, Managing Director of JSW Steel
- Komal Jha, graduated 2009 Civil Engineering, actress in Hindi, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam film industries.
- Suhas Gopinath, an alumnus of MSRIT Information Science Department, youngest CEO at the age of 17, heads Globals Inc
- Adithya Srinivasan, an alumnus of the batch of 2014, department of Computer Science, considered for a nomination at the 57th Grammy Awards
- Kanan Gill, B.E. in Computer Science, stand-up comedian and YouTuber 
Major Companies including Google, Schneider Electric, Adobe, VMware, Cognizent, Accenture, Capgemini, Toyota, Larsen & Toubro, Carillion, Emaar, Amazon.com and Mu Sigma Inc recruit most of students on the campus. In 2008, 128 companies visited the institute for recruitment, but the figure dramatically plunged to 62 in 2009 to the global economic slowdown More than 150 Companies visits for Placements every year. With 1892 job offers, 50 lacs per annum was the highest package offered in session 2015-16. Placement percentage is around 95 and is highest among some of the renowned institute in Karnataka and India.
|Engineering – India|
|India Today (2017)||15|
|Outlook India (2017)||20|
- EMC Academic Summit 2012 was held at MSRIT in February 2012 for the heads of leading technical universities in India.
- Yantrotsav is a national level student project exhibition that is held each year at RIT.
RIT hosts annual Dr. M.S. Ramaiah memorial national inter-engineering college cricket tournament. RIT cricket team won the inter-engineering collegiate cricket tournament 2004 beating BMS College of Engineering in the finals in November 2004. RIT emerged as champions in Dr. M. S. Ramaiah memorial cricket tournament in September,2012 after beating RVCE in the finals.
RIT won the Men's tennis championship in the year 2004 competing against more than 50 colleges from karnataka. RIT emerged Champions in the women's tennis in 2012 amongst 190 engineering colleges in Karnataka. MSRIT men's basketball team won the ‘Kreedotsav-2012‘ Ooman Mathew memorial inter-collegiate basketball tournament on defeating RVCE
RIT Basketball emerged as the champions in the All India Basketball tournament. RIT also hosts Dr M.S. Ramaiah Memorial all-India inter-engineering college basketball tournament. RIT defeated NCET 34-14 in the final to win the ‘Revamp 2012' State-level inter-collegiate basketball tournament at the REVA College.
RIT women's throw ball team were the [VTU]] champions for Bangalore region in the year 2012.
- "VTU". VTU(Government of Karnataka). Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "Circular" (PDF). Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- "Intel Centre of Excellence MSRIT". Intel corporation USA. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Intel's Collaboration with Worldwide universities". Intel corporation USA. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "IBM Centre of Excellence". IBM. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "MOU with Schneider Electric for technical excellence". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "JSW centre of Excellence". JSW Centre of Excellence. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "MSRIT Cognizant Agreement". Deccan Herald. 20 May 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "List of Academic partners in India". EMC. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "StudSat 2 Team Members". ISRO StudSat Team. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "List of Consortium colleges of StudSat1 and StudSat2". ISRO StudSat. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "MSRIT develops India's First UAV". DNA India. 10 June 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "M S RAMAIAH in the list of top hospitals in Bangalore" (PDF). The week-malayalamanoroma. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Link to MS Ramaiah Hospital". Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Quality at MSRIT". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "MSRIT mandatory disclosure" (PDF). This document is an authentic piece of information on the faculty and facilities in the college. Any misleading information in this document attracts severe action by AICTE (Central government of india). MSRIT. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "AICTE list of approved institutions in Karnataka" (PDF). All India Council For technical education. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "QMS ISO 9001:2008 Certificate". MSRIT. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "List of all accredited Technical Colleges in India". National Board of Accreditation. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "List of all approved Architecture Colleges in India" (PDF). Council of Architecture - Government of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Official Seat Matrix" (PDF). Karnataka Examinations Authority( Government of Karnataka). Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "RVCE tops ;MSRIT second". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Visvesvaraya Technological University(Government)Website showing that Research is permitted at MSRIT". Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belegaum (a Government university). Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- "IEEE MSRIT".
- "IEEE Bangalore region list". IEEE Bangalore. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Aavishkaar MSRIT fest". Seccan Herald. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Aavishkaar on Deccan Herald". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "IEEE MSRIT fest region list". IEEE Bangalore. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "TEDxMSRIT Event". TED. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Cultural extravaganza at MSRIT". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- "Udbhav official Site". VTU-MSRIT. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "VTU official order on Fest at MSRIT" (PDF). Part of Rules of fest. Visvesvaraya Technogical University. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Mou with scneider". Deccan herald.
- "JSW Energy Centre of Excellence (JSWECE) MOU" (PDF). Jindal energy. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Intel Karnataka Inintiative" (PDF). This work discusses Intel's partnerships with various organisations in Karnataka. Intel USA. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "AUTODESK CAD DESIGN CONTEST".
- "AUTODESK CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR".
- "Industry - Institute Academic Council Member".
- "MSRIT alumni Association". MSRITAA. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Sajjan Jinal returns to alma mater to celebrate golden Jubilee". The Hindu. 10 June 2012. Retrieved 26 July 2012.
- "Suhas gopinath interview". In the second paragraph of the introduction to the interview, It is mentioned that he was an alumnus of MS Ramaiah Institute of Information Technology. People for ethical treatment of animals. Archived from the original on 25 April 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Globals Inc Management". Globals Inc.
- "Indian Express / Music : B'lore singer to send track for Grammys". Indian Express. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 20 June 2014.
- "MSRIT alumni Association". MSRITAA. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "Placements at MSRIT". Deccan herald. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "Placements drying up". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "India's Best Colleges 2017: Engineering". India Today. 2017. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Top 100 Engineering Colleges In 2017". Outlook India. 5 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- Cite error: The named reference
Rankings_NIRF_E_2018was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "ICAdC 2012 Researchbib.com". researchbib.com. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "ICAdC 2012 Conferencealerts.com". conferencealerts.com. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Proceedings of MSRIT ICAdC 2012". Springer Publishing, USA. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "EMC Academic Summit". EMC india. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "MSRIT exhibition". The HIndu. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Dr. M.S. Ramaiah memorial inter-engineering college cricket tournament". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "MSRIT triumphs in Cricket". The Hindu. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "MSRIT triumphs". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "RVCE, MSRIT win in Tennis". The Deccan Herald. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "MSRIT Tennis Team Clinch title". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "MSRIT -Ooman Mathew tournament". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "MSRIT champions in Basketball". Deccan Herald. 11 October 2011. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "amritha College of Engineering wins m s ramaiah memorial basketball". The HIndu. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Revamp". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "MSRIT women team -champion". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology.|