|Traded as||(BSE: 533148)|
|Sajjan Jindal (Chairman) |
Prashant Jain (JMD & CEO) Jyotikumar Agarwal (Director-Finance)
|Products||Electricity Generation and transmission, Hydroelectricity, energy trading, Mining, Power Plant Equipment Manufacturing|
|Revenue||₹89,340 million (US$1.2 billion)|
Number of employees
JSW Energy is in various areas of power: Generation, Transmission and Trading.
JSW Energy has 3740 MW of operational generating capacity. In addition, it has power generation projects at an early stage under development with a proposed combined installed capacity of 8630 MW.
- JSW Vijayanagar Power Station, Toranagallu village in Bellary district, Karnataka. It is a 1460 MW (2x130,4x300 MW) plant.
- JSW Ratnagiri Power Station, Nandiwade village near Jaigad in Ratnagiri district, Maharashtra. It is a 1200 MW (4x300 MW) plant.
- JSW Barmer Power Station, Bhadresh village in Barmer district Rajasthan. It is a 1080 MW (8x135 MW) plant.
- JSW Energy, controlled by billionaire Sajjan Jindal, has acquired two of Jaiprakash Power Ventures’ hydro power plants, with a combined capacity of 1,391 MW, for Rs 9,700 crore.
The board of directors of Jaiprakash Power Ventures, a fully owned subsidiary of the Jaypee group, has approved the 100 per cent transfer of businesses of its operating power plants — the 300-MW Baspa-II hydroelectric plant (commissioned in 2003) and the 1,091-MW Karcham Wangtoo plant (commissioned in 2011), in Himachal Pradesh.JMD Sanjay Sagar heading JSW energy.operating from Mumbai corporate
Jaypee's entire hydropower portfolio of three plants was up for sale. Of these, JSW has bought two with an asset value of 50 years. Since the acquired capacity is operational, this deal would add to JSW's generation capacity, revenue, PAT (profit after tax) and Ebitda (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation). With a total hydro asset base of 1,300 MW, JSW is now the largest private producer of hydro power in the country.
- "JSW Energy's Ratnagiri plant in 15 days – Money – DNA". Dnaindia.com. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-24.
- "BSE Plus". Bseindia.com. Retrieved 2010-09-24.