Acquisition by MindGeek
A merger notification (with Manwin) was filed with the Austrian Federal Competition Authority in April 2012. In September 2012 Manwin (now known as MindGeek) completed the acquisition. Reality Kings is a part of the Pornhub Network.
As of July 2021, Reality Kings has a traffic ranking of 19,245 .
In 2010 Florida A&M University (FAMU) filed a lawsuit against Reality Kings over what is commonly known as the FAMU Sex Tape. The suit alleges that the company tarnished FAMU's reputation due to a video depicting eight performers whom DareDorm described as FAMU students performing sexual acts on each other. The university also sued the performers. Although Reality Kings announced its intention to fight the lawsuit, less than a month later it settled the case and paid FAMU $120,000. Reality Kings apparently has settled with the 26 recording company plaintiffs that sued the porn company over allegedly poaching music from some top recording artists and using it in 193 adult videos. In 2011 Reality Kings filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit brought by a woman who claims the company featured her runaway, underage daughter in a porn film. Reality Kings, in its motion to dismiss, said it was fraudulently misled because the daughter misrepresented her age not only to Reality Kings but to various state and federal agencies.
- Vailles, Francis (March 24, 2016). "DEUX ROIS DE LA PORNO PARMI LES CIBLES DE L'AMF". Nuglif. La Presse. Archived from the original on 1 November 2016. Retrieved 31 October 2016.
- Pardon, Rhett (April 20, 2012). "Manwin, RK Netmedia File Plan to Merge". Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- Sanford, John (September 10, 2012). "Manwin Acquires Reality Kings". Archived from the original on May 18, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- O'Connor, Maureen (June 2017). "Pornhub Is the Kinsey Report of Our Time". New York. pp. 30–39.
the Pornhub Network expanded to include the studio Reality Kings
- "Reality Kings Alexa Ranking". Alexa.com. Retrieved July 14, 2021.
- Pardon, Rhett (March 17, 2010). "Reality Kings Sued by Florida A&M Over DareDorm.com Video". Xbiznewswire.com. Archived from the original on May 28, 2010. Retrieved February 25, 2011.
- FAMU Settles Case With "Big Rattler 77" WCTV-TV April 7, 2010 Archived October 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Reality Kings Apparently Settles With Recording Industry Archived 2010-12-07 at the Wayback Machine, XBIZ, December 6, 2010
- "Reality Kings Says Plaintiff Lied About Her Age" Archived 2011-04-16 at the Wayback Machine, XBIZ, April 11, 2011.