Root Township, Adams County, Indiana
The Lenhart Farmhouse, a historic site in the township
Location in Adams County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.57 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.44 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||814 ft (248 m)|
|• Density||125.3/sq mi (48.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453812|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.57 square miles (92.1 km2), of which 35.44 square miles (91.8 km2) (or 99.63%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Decatur (north quarter)
- Madison Township, Allen County (north)
- Monroe Township, Allen County (northeast)
- Union Township (east)
- St. Marys Township (southeast)
- Washington Township (south)
- Kirkland Township (southwest)
- Preble Township (west)
- Marion Township, Allen County (northwest)
The township contains these cemeteries: Alpha, Evans Family, Kunkel Family, Monmouth, Pleasant Valley, Reynolds, St. Joseph Catholic, St. Peter Lutheran, Union Chapel Methodist and United Bretheren.
- Saddle Lake
- Hanna City Park
- North Adams Community Schools
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 79
- State Senate District 19
- "Root Township, Adams County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Root township, Adams County, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- 2002 Census of Governments, Individual State Descriptions (PDF)