Salay, Misamis Oriental
Map of Misamis Oriental showing the location of Salay
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Founded||June 19, 1960|
|• Mayor||Romeo L. Gue Sr.|
|• Total||92.79 km2 (35.83 sq mi)|
|• Density||300/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Population census of Salay, Misamis Oriental|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Poblacion is the Capital of Salay and had been governed by the Capistrano politicians until the 2007 elections. Lanzones is one of the major source of income among Salayanos aside from commerce at Poblacion and Fishing to other people. May 1 is the official feast day of Salay although March feast is also celebrated and is the original.
Salay Central School provides primary education to the graders in this town while the nearby Salay National High School provides the secondary education, the latter has been nationally recognized for quality education among public schools.
Salay is politically subdivided into 18 barangays.
- Salay River I
- Salay River II
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System