|Born||April 12, 1957|
Samia al-Amoudi is a Saudi Arabian consultant obstetrician and gynecologist. She is the head of the Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al-Amoudi Center of Excellence in breast cancer. She is best known for her work in raising breast cancer awareness, after she was herself diagnosed with the disease. She was also the first woman from the Gulf Cooperation Council to win a seat at the Union for International Cancer Control board.
Samia al-Amoudi was born on April 12, 1957.
In 1981, al-Amoudi was among the first doctors to graduate from the medical college in King Abdulaziz University.
In April 2006, she diagnosed herself with breast cancer, for which she underwent chemotherapy.  She was the first Saudi woman to write publicly about her experience of the disease, which she did in a series of articles in a weekly column in the Al Madinah newspaper.  She also appeared on a daily TV show. 
In 2010, she was number 5 on the Power 100 list, which is Arabian Business’s annual listing of the world’s most influential Arabs.
As of 2012, the year she completed her cancer treatment, she is the head of the Sheikh Mohammed Hussein Al-Amoudi Center of Excellence in breast cancer and scientific chair for breast cancer at KAU, Jeddah Saudi Arabia, as well as GE Healthcare’s #GetFit Ambassador.
- Breast cancer: break the silence, 2007.
by Dr Samia Al-Amoudi
CEO Sheikh Mohammed Hussien Al-Amoudi Center of Excellence in Breast Cancer
Chairwoman of Scientific breast cancer chair
Member in BHGI steering committee
Associate Professor and Consultant obstetrician gynecologist
King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- "Meet Samia Al-Amoudi, #GetFit Saudi Arabia Ambassador | GE Healthcare The Pulse". Newsroom.gehealthcare.com. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "Power 100". ArabianBusiness.com. Retrieved 2015-02-04.
- "Secretary of State Confers the First International Women of Courage Awards" (PDF). 7 March 2007. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- Jiffry, Fadia. "Samia Al-Amoudi: Woman of Courage". About Her.