Satish Vegesna is an Indian film director and screenwriter known for his works in Telugu cinema. Sathamanam Bhavati directed by him received the Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment-Golden Lotus Award at the 64th National Film Awards "in appreciation of providing a feeling of jubilation by respecting family values in an unexplored manner". The film has garnered the state Nandi Awards for Best Direction, and Best Home Viewing Feature Film.
He initially worked as a writer and became a director. In 1999, he started working with director Muppalaneni Shiva for a few films like Speed Dancer, Priya O Priya. He worked with E. V. V. Satyanarayana for the film Thotti Gang. This along with Kabaddi Kabaddi gave him a break as a writer. Later he worked with Allari Naresh for several films.
Dongala Bandi was his first film as a director starring Allari Naresh. But this film did not do well at the box office. He worked for director Harish Shankar for the films Gabbar Singh, Ramayya Vastavayya, and Subrahmanyam for Sale. After that he approached producer Dil Raju with the story of Sathamanam Bhavati which became a hit at the box office also garnering a National award and state Nandi award.
As a writer
- Maa Pelliki Randi (2001)
- Thotti Gang (2002)
- Kabaddi Kabaddi (2003)
- Naa Autograph (2004)
- Blade Babji (2008)
- Gabbar Singh (2012)
- Ramayya Vastavayya (2013)
- Subramanyam for Sale (2015)
- Srinivasa Kalyanam (2018)
- Sathamanam Bhavati (2017)
- Kullu Manali (2012)
- Rama Dandu (2011)
- Dongala Bandi (2008)
- Y., Sunita Chowdhary. "Human emotions never get outdated". The Hindu. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "64th National Film Awards" (PDF) (Press release). Directorate of Film Festivals. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 June 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Andhra Pradesh government announces Nandi awards for 2014-2016 - Times of India".
- "I don't want to be preachy any more, says Satish Vegesna". The Hans India. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "Satish Vegesna to direct Sai Dharam Tej". deccanchronicle.com/. Deccan Chronicle. 16 April 2017. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- Nelluri, Maya. "Interview with Satish Vegesna about Shatamanam Bhavati by Maya Nelluri - Telugu cinema director". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 22 February 2018.