|Coordinates: 40°53′44″N 75°19′25″W / 40.89556°N 75.32361°WCoordinates: 40°53′44″N 75°19′25″W / 40.89556°N 75.32361°W|
|• Total||1.26 sq mi (3.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.2 sq mi (3 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||669 ft (204 m)|
|• Density||938.3/sq mi (362.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||570 and 272|
|GNIS feature ID||1187049|
Saylorsburg is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, United States. Saylorsburg is located off Pennsylvania Route 33, 5 miles (8.0 km) northwest of Wind Gap. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,126. The village is located in both Ross Township and Hamilton Township.
Saylorsburg is in the Pocono Mountains.
One of the two main centers of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam is located here. This is a Hindu Vedic teaching center founded by Swami Dayananda Saraswati.
- Fethullah Gülen - founder of the Gülen movement, resides here.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ a b "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- ^ "Saylorsburg". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior.
- ^ Carl S. Oplinger & Robert Halma, The Poconos: An Illustrated Natural History Guide (Rutgers University Press: 1988), p. 44.