This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Scenechronize (stylized as scenechronize) is a computer software platform, developed by Clever Machine Inc., for television and movie production companies. Its purpose is to reduce the need for paper materials used during the production process, in order to reduce waste.
Clever Machine was founded in December 2003 and incorporated in California. The founders, Hunter Hancock, chief executive officer, and Darren Ehlers, chief operations officer, and five engineers had originally provided customized solutions to financial services companies, assisting in marketing and engineering positions with multiple enterprise software companies. The company's first project was to provide an outsourced information technology team to a financial services company. From there, the company was able to begin its own software company, Scenechronize, after purchasing a business plan from Rhys Ryan, who also joined the company.
Using a Web-based user interface, Scenechronize organizes different production aspects — the script, locations, casting, breakdown elements, and schedule. Tools have been specifically created for assistant directors, line producers, above-the-line and below-the-line crews. Each team member has access to his or her own department, while the unit production manager or line producer maintains an overall view, with the option to share that information with other crew members on an as-needed basis.
In 2008, a preview release of Scenechronize was demonstrated to art directors and unit production managers. The beta release of Scenechronize was announced at the Sundance Film Festival in 2009, with the initial public release announced a year later, also at Sundance.
In February 2013, Ease Entertainment, a payroll and production accounting/financial tracking software firm, acquired the assets of Scenechronize. All existing employees of Scenechronize were retained with operations in their Burbank offices being relocated to Ease's headquarters in Beverly Hills.
In August 2015, Entertainment Partners (EP), a payroll and production accounting/financial tracking software firm, acquired the assets of Ease Entertainment including Scenechronize. All existing employees of Scenechronize were retained with operations in the Beverly Hills office relocated to EP's offices in Burbank, California.
Companies and productions
- ABC – No Ordinary Family • FlashForward • Ugly Betty • American Crime
- AMC – The Walking Dead • Rubicon
- CBS – 90210
- DreamWorks Television
- Showtime – United States of Tara • Dexter
- Sony Pictures Television – Breaking Bad
- Warner Bros. Television
- Bad Robot Productions
- Columbia Pictures – Premium Rush
- Lakeshore Entertainment
- Montecito Picture Company
- Playtone Productions
- Screen Gems
- Skydance Productions
- Spyglass Entertainment
- 20th Century Fox – Water for Elephants • We Bought a Zoo
- Universal Studios – Bridesmaids • Larry Crowne
- Warner Bros. – Due Date
- Review of Scenechronize Film Production Management Software, Schaffer, Don. Wordpress.com, March 2, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2012.
- "Ease Entertainment acquires Scenechronize". Ease Entertainment press release. February 5, 2013. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- McNary, Dave (2015-08-13). "Entertainment Partners Buys Ease Entertainment". Variety. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- scenechronize at ep.com