|Born||Sebastian Carlos Arcelus
November 5, 1976
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actor, singer, voice actor|
|Spouse(s)||Stephanie J. Block (2007-present)|
Sebastian Carlos Arcelus (born November 5, 1976) is an American actor.
Arcelus was born in New York City, New York, and attended Williams College. His maternal grandparents were Marchese di Villaforesta and Princess Catherine Ivanovna, who was the daughter of Prince Ioann Konstantinovich of Russia, and the last member of the Romanov family born before the Russian Revolution. The mother of Princess Catherine was Princess Helen of Serbia, daughter of King Peter I of Yugoslavia and his wife Princess Zorka of Montenegro, and the elder sister of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia.
He has made a career in theater on Broadway, regionally, and internationally. He made his Broadway debut in Rent, first as a swing, covering the male ensemble roles as well as Mark and Roger, and then as Roger. He starred as Jan in the original cast of the Beach Boys musical, Good Vibrations. He played Fiyero on the first national tour of Wicked from January 3 until October 3, 2006. He then reprised the role of Fiyero in the Broadway production from January 9 to December 16, 2007.
Arcelus was featured on iChannel, an interactive web-series about "a self-conscious young man who finds his life taken over by a video blog." He played I's brother, who frequently called or visited. Over 40 episodes were produced, each of 3–9 minutes in length.
He starred as Bob Gaudio in the Broadway production of Jersey Boys from January 10, 2008 to January 11, 2009. before starring in Happiness, a musical which ran Off-Broadway at Lincoln Center Theater's Mitzi E. Newhouse Theater for 14 weeks beginning on February 27, 2009. He resumed the role of Bob Gaudio in the Broadway production of Jersey Boys on July 14, 2009 and finished the role on October 10, 2010. He originated the role of Buddy in Elf the Musical for a limited engagement run from November 10, 2010, through January 2, 2011, at Broadway's Al Hirschfeld Theater. He assumed the role of Jack Chesney in Where's Charley? in a semi-staged production as part of New York City Center's Encores! series from March 17–20, 2011.
Arcelus originated the role of Jake Brigance in the stage production of A Time To Kill, premiering at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. The play, based on the John Grisham novel of the same name, ran May 6 through June 19, 2011.
- Go, Diego, Go! (Nickelodeon) - Papi
- Samurai Deeper Kyo - Hotaru
- Shaman King - Yoh Asakura / Zeke Asakura (Hao Asakura)
- Gokusen - Youichi Minami
- Dinosaur King - Rex Ancient (Rex Owen)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! - Espa Roba, Rex Raptor
- Shrine of the Morning Mist - Tadahiro Amatsu
- Ultimate Muscle - Road Rage / Additional Voices
- Winx Club (4Kids Entertainment edit) - Timmy/Palladium
- Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys - Rafe
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Marcel (Martin Kanou)
- Man of the People - Little G / Miscellaneous
- Turtles Forever - 1987 Raphael
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Vetrix
He married his Wicked co-star Stephanie J. Block on October 25, 2007. Block played Elphaba in Wicked, both on the national tour and on Broadway. On August 4, 2014, it was announced that they are expecting their first child, a girl. Their daughter Vivienne Heléna Arcelus was born on January 19, 2015
- "Royal Russia - The Fate of the Romanovs: The Survivors". Angelfire.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Arcelus IMDb profile
- "View I Channel here". Connectwithi.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Facebook profile
- "Andrew Rannells is the New Bob Gaudio in Jersey Boys Starting January 13". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Gleason, Arcelus, Powers and Sapp Cast in Lincoln Center Theater's Happiness
- "Sebastian Arcelus Returns to Jersey Boys July 14". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Sebastian Arcelus Plays Final Performance in Broadway's Jersey Boys Oct. 10
- Where's Charley? at New York City Center "Encores!" Nycitycenter.org
- "A Time To Kill at Arena Stage in Washington, DC". Broadway.com. 2011-04-14. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Sebastian Arcelus, Marc Kudisch, Graham Rowat, Teal Wicks Will Help Blue Flower Grow at Second Stage, Playbill, September 8, 2011. Retrieved 2012-03-18.
- "A Time to Kill Stars Sebastian Arcelus, Patrick Page & More Hold Court on a Star-Studded Opening Night". Broadway.com. 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- "STAGE TUBE: First Look at Patina Miller, Bebe Neuwirth & Sebastian Arcelus in CBS' Political Drama MADAM SECRETARY". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2014-08-04.
- "DIVA TALK: Chatting with Wicked's Stephanie J. Block Plus News of Mason and Kuhn". playbill.com. 2007-12-14. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Kathy Henderson (2009-08-03). "Jersey Boy Sebastian Arcelus Find Success (and Love) in Musicals". broadway.com. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Andrew Gans (2014-08-04). "Twitter Watch: Congrats! Stephanie J. Block and Sebastian Arcelus Are Expecting Their First Baby!". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 4 August 2014.