Seguin Independent School District
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2017)
In 2016 Seguin ISD attempted to buy the radio station KWED, owned by Guadalupe Media. The radio station acts as the publisher for the Seguin Daily News. The board of trustees approved a deal in which the district would have paid Guadalupe Media $400,000, to lease the station, with an option to buy it after the payment period of five years ($75,000 per year). The district would have decided which employees would remain at the station. The payments would have been in increments over a five year period. By August of that year Guadalupe Media backed out of the deal. The radio station had previously aired criticism against the school district. Eliana Reihl, a candidate for a school board position, stated her belief that the district was motivated to silence criticism. Some other critics argued that the radio station was losing money and that the district would have to pay additional money to keep the station alfoat.
- Grades 9-12
- Lizzie M. Burges Alternative School
- Mercer Blumberg Learning Center
- Seguin High School
- Grades 6-8
- A.J. Briesemeister Middle School
- Jim Barnes Middle School
- Grades K-5
- F.C. Weinert Elementary
- George W. Vogel Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
- McQueeney Elementary
- Oralia Rodriguez Elementary
- Robert F. Koennecke Elementary
- Vincent Patlán Elementary
- Ball Early Childhood Center
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Reagan, Mark (2016-08-24). "Seguin ISD's Attempt to Buy Radio Station That Criticized District Fails". San Antonio Current. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- Arias, Pilar (2016-08-18). "Seguin ISD considers leasing local newspaper, radio station". KSAT-TV. Retrieved 2017-01-11.