The Serie A Footballer of the Year (Italian: Migliore calciatore assoluto) is a yearly award organized by the Italian Footballers' Association (AIC) given to the footballer who has been considered to have performed the best over the previous Serie A season.
Until 2010, the award was elected among the winner of the Best Italian Footballer and the winner of the Best Foreign Footballer to determine the best overall footballer.
The award is part of the Gran Galà del Calcio (formerly known as Oscar del Calcio) awards event and is considered amongst the most prestigious football awards in Italy.
- ^ Cannavaro was signed by Real Madrid from Juventus midway through 2006.
- ^ "AIC Oscar del Calcio: List of winners". RSSSF. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- ^ Lawton, James (12 November 2010). "Mancini is failing to imbue City with courage of winners". The Independent. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- ^ Graffeo, Vito (24 January 2011). "Vincitori Oscar del Calcio 2010". SportLive.it (in Italian). Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- ^ "Gran Gala' AIC 2011/ Ibra miglior giocatore, El Sharaawy giovane della B, ecco tutti i vincitori". IlSussidiario.net (in Italian). 24 January 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- ^ "Gran Galà del Calcio Aic. E' Pirlo il migliore del 2012". Tuttosport (in Italian). 27 January 2013. Archived from the original on 24 June 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- ^ Steinberg, Jacob; Murray, Scott; Harris, Daniel (21 June 2013). "The Joy of Six: free transfers". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 September 2017.
- ^ "Calcio, Gran Galà. Pirlo giocatore dell'anno: "Consiglio Totti a Prandelli"". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 27 January 2014. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- ^ "Serie A, 'Gran Galà del calcio': trionfa la Juve". Corriere dello Sport (in Italian). 15 December 2014. Archived from the original on 12 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- ^ Riggio, Salvatore (14 December 2015). "Gran Galà del Calcio: è dominio Juve, miglior squadra e miglior allenatore". Sport Mediaset (in Italian). Retrieved 15 December 2015.
- ^ "Gran Galà del calcio, la Juventus fa incetta di premi" (in Italian). Il Corriere della Sera. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2017.