|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Launched||December 20, 2011|
|Owned by||Viacom 18|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Sister channel(s)||Nickelodeon India|
|Tata Sky||Channel 619|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 362|
|Dish TV||Channel 513|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 514|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 331|
|Available on all cable systems||Check local listings for channels|
|In digital||Channel 326|
|Den Digital TV||Channel|
Sonic Nickelodeon is a TV channel launched in India in December 2011, with Akshay Kumar as its brand ambassador. It is mainly aimed at children from 10–17 years old. The channel shows programs mainly in the action/adventure genre. The channel has three subsidiary blocks named Sonic Flix, Sonic Extreme and Terror of Horror. There are shows tendered mainly to teens. There is also a techie show "Techno-Sonic" which airs on its official website. Available in three languages (English, Hindi and Tamil).
Viacom 18, after Nickelodeon India launched the channel in India in December 2011. Sonic is targeted at India & Pakistan’s young adults falling in the 10 - to 17-year-old age bracket. It aimed to be the ‘ultimate destination for the action loving generation’, and therefore, most of their shows falls on the action/adventure category through television shows, films and through two subsidiary blocks, Sonic Flix and Sonic Extreme. The channel's official slogan is "Experience Real Action"
Sonic Nickelodeon shows various types of programmes for the teen Indian audience. The channel airs various popular live action shows such as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Power Rangers S.P.D., The Adrenaline Project and the horror series Are You Afraid of the Dark? Apart from this Sonic also telecasts a range of animated programmes like the all new Shaktimaan Animated, Ginga Legend Weed, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, Supa Strikas, Jackie Chan Fantasia, Kong: The Animated Series, Kung Fu Cats and Zatch Bell.
- Power Rangers Dino Charge
- Power Rangers Super Megaforce
- Power Rangers SPD
- Power Rangers Ninja Storm
- Power Rangers RPM
- Ninja Hattori
- Rimba Racer
- Supa Strikas
- Zig and Sharko
- Extreme Football 
- Shaun the Sheep
- Keymon Ache
- Pakdam Pakdai
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Jungle Bunch
- Mini Ninjas
Sonic Flix is a block airing films every Sunday at 11 am.
The shows based on the action/adventure genre.
Terror of Horror
The block aired horror shows.
- "Akshay Kumar's son interested in action". Hindustan Times. 21 December 2011.
- "Viacom18 launches its new channel 'sonic' in India". India Infoline. 5 December 2011. Retrieved 26 December 2011.
- "Nickelodeon India Acquires "Extreme Football"; To Premiere Show In August 2014; Reliance Industries Takes Over Network18". NickALive!. 15 June 2014.
- "Nickelodeon India Acquires Rights To "The Jungle Bunch to The Rescue"". NickALive!. 24 March 2014.
- "Mini Ninjas makes noise with broadcasters around the world". kidscreen.com. 16 October 2014.
- "Oggy and the Cockroaches to be back on Nickelodeon". afaqs.com. 18 December 2014.
- "Nickelodeon India Acquires Broadcast Rights To The South African Animated TV Series "Jungle Beat"". NickALive!. 22 January 2013.
- "Hubert & Takako (from the same studio as Space Goofs)". ToonZone.net. 15 August 2014.
- "Nickelodeon India Powers Up By Acquiring Broadcast Rights To Saban's "Power Rangers" And "Power Rangers Samurai"". NickALive!. 10 November 2011.