South Crouch Township, Hamilton County, Illinois
|South Crouch Township|
Location in Hamilton County
Hamilton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 3, 1885|
|• Total||25.09 sq mi (65.0 km2)|
|• Land||25.09 sq mi (65.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.04%|
|Elevation||404 ft (123 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||250|
|• Density||10.4/sq mi (4.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62828, 62859|
South Crouch Township is one of twelve townships in Hamilton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 260 and it contained 119 housing units. It was formed from Crouch Township sometime after 1921.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.09 square miles (65.0 km2), of which 25.09 square miles (65.0 km2) (or 100%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.04%) is water.
The township contains Cherry Grove Cemetery.
- Hamilton County Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois's 19th congressional district
- State House District 108
- State Senate District 54
- "South Crouch Township, Hamilton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-07-06.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois
- Hamilton County Historical Society
|Dahlgren Township||Beaver Creek Township|
|Knights Prairie Township||McLeansboro Township||Crook Township|