Derryberry et al., 2010
The spot-throated woodcreeper (Certhiasomus stictolaemus) is a species of bird in the Dendrocolaptinae subfamily. It is the only species in the genus Certhiasomus (i.e. the genus is monotypic). It was formerly included in Deconychura together with the long-tailed woodcreeper, but the two are not closely related.
It has three subspecies:
- Certhiasomus stictolaemus secundus of sColombia, sVenezuela:sAmazonas, neEcuador, nePeru, nwBrazil:east to Rio Negro & Rio Madeira
- Certhiasomus stictolaemus clarior of Brazil:from Rio Negro east to Amapá, French Guiana, Guyana
- Certhiasomus stictolaemus stictolaemus of Brazil:south of Amazon from Rio Madeira east to lower Rio Tocantins & Maranhão & south to northern Mato Grosso
- Derryberry, E., S. Claramunt, R. T. Chesser, A. Aleixo, J. Cracraft, R. G. Moyle & R. T. Brumfield. 2010. Certhiasomus, a new genus of woodcreeper (Aves: Passeriformes: Dendrocolaptidae). Zootaxa 2416:44-50.
- BirdLife International 2004. Deconychura stictolaema. 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Downloaded on 25 July 2007.
|This article about an ovenbird is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|