Spring Creek, New Zealand
Spring Creek is a small town in Marlborough, New Zealand. State Highway 1 runs past the settlement to the west, and the Wairau River flows past to the east. Picton is 22 km to the north, and Blenheim is 6 km to the south.
According to the 2013 New Zealand census, Spring Creek (including Grovetown to the south) has a population of 1,275, an increase of 3 people since the 2006 census. There were 666 males and 609 females.
Spring Creek School is a coeducational contributing primary (years 1-6) school with a roll of 39. A school was first founded in Spring Creek in 1861 or 1863 The present school was founded in 1873.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 61. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 139. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Spring Creek-Grovetown
- A. D. McIntosh, ed. (1940). Marlborough - A Provincial History. p. 163.
- A. D. McIntosh, p 367
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Education Counts: Spring Creek School
- A. D. McIntosh, pp 340, 343
- Loveridge, Barry Ernest (1973). The centennial history and compilation of records of the Spring Creek School (formerly Marlboroughtown) and the Wairau Pa School, Marlborough, N.Z.
- Hale, Allen M (1954). Marlboroughtown Spring Creek School: A History and Compilation of School Records. Marlboroughtown Spring Creek School Jubilee Committee.
Published ... on the occasion of the 81st anniversary of the School, April 17th, 18th, and 19th, 1954
- "Te Kāhui Māngai directory". tkm.govt.nz. Te Puni Kōkiri.
- "Māori Maps". maorimaps.com. Te Potiki National Trust.
- Marlborough Historical Society (2005). Click - A Captured Moment - Marlborough's Early Heritage. p. 177. ISBN 0-473-10475-X.