|Service area||North London
|Service type||Bus services|
|Routes||28 (July 2014)|
|Fleet||53 (February 2014)|
Sullivan Buses is a bus company based in South Mimms, Hertfordshire, England. Founded in 1998, it operates local bus services in and around Hertfordshire including school services, rail replacement bus services in and near London, bus links in Surrey to and from Thorpe Park and vehicle hire for television programmes.
Sullivan Buses operates public and school bus routes in Hertfordshire and North London. Rail replacement work, particularly on the London Underground, is also operated, in 2004 it contributed to two-thirds of the company's turnover of £3 million. Sullivan Buses vehicles frequently appear in film and television broadcasts and advertisements, partially because of the company's location close to the Elstree Studios, by August 2007, 20 different buses had been used in over 30 productions.
In January 2005, Sullivan Buses purchased Southlands Travel, Pollhill in Kent, but this operation ceased in February 2007, some of the routes passing to Griffin Bus, who operated initially from Pollhill before moving to Longfield. In May 2011 Griffin Bus also ceased operating and their routes transferred over to other operators.
South Mimms (SM)
As at May 2015, South Mimms operated London routes 298, 626, 628, 629, 653, 683, 688 and 699. As at July 2014, it also operated 22 other routes either operated under contract to Hertfordshire County Council or commercially.
On 4 February 2012, Sullivan Buses commenced operating route 298. On 3 September 2012, Sullivan Buses commenced operating routes 628, 653, 683 and 688. On 31 August 2013, Sullivan Buses commenced operating route 626.
Sullivan Buses operate a maintenance facility based at North Mymms providing services to all of Sullivan's fleet.
- Competition Commission - Summary of hearing with Sullivan Buses Ltd on 30 September 2004 Competition Commission
- History Sullivan Buses
- Brown, Peter (August 2007). "When buses must pass the screen test". Buses. Ian Allan Publishing (629): 30–32.
- Film & Television Hire Sullivan Buses
- Carr, Ken (May 2015). The London Bus Guide (5 ed.). Boreham: Visions International Entertainment. p. 119. ISBN 978-0-9931735-3-0.
- From 4 February 2017 route W9 will pass to Sullivan buses.Public Bus Services Sullivan Buses
- Bus tender results Route 298 Transport for London 23 May 2011
- Bus tender results Route 628/688 Transport for London 12 October 2011
- Bus tender results Route 653/683 Transport for London 12 October 2011
- Bus tender results Route 626 Transport for London 20 December 2012
- Bus Fleet Sullivan Buses