County of Barrhead No. 11
|County of Barrhead No. 11|
|Census division||No. 13|
|• Reeve||Douglas Drozd|
|• Governing body||County of Barrhead Council|
|• Office location||Barrhead|
|• Land||2,406.25 km2 (929.06 sq mi)|
|• Density||2.6/km2 (7/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-7 (MST)|
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the County of Barrhead No. 11 recorded a population of 6,288 living in 2,298 of its 2,830 total private dwellings, a 3.1% change from its 2011 population of 6,096. With a land area of 2,406.25 km2 (929.06 sq mi), it had a population density of 2.6/km2 ( 6.8/sq mi) in 2016.
In the 2011 Census, the County of Barrhead No. 11 had a population of 6,096 living in 2,206 of its 2,718 total dwellings, a 4.3% change from its 2006 population of 5,845. With a land area of 2,404.7 km2 (928.5 sq mi), it had a population density of 2.5/km2 ( 6.6/sq mi) in 2011.
|Visible minority and Aboriginal population (Canada 2006 Census)|
|Population group||Population||% of total population|
|Visible minority group
|Visible minority, n.i.e.||0||0%|
|Multiple visible minority||0||0%|
|Total visible minority population||10||0.2%|
|Multiple Aboriginal identity||0||0%|
|Total Aboriginal population||315||5.4%|
Communities and localities
- Parks: Thunder Lake Provincial Park, Holmes Crossing Recreation Area, Klondike Ferry Park
- Dolberg Lake Campground, Homesteaders Walking Trail
- Lakes: Clear Lake, Lac la Nonne / Elks Beach, Peanut Lake
- Sport Venues in Barrhead: Swimming Pool, Curling Rink, Rodeo Grounds, Tennis Courts
- Ski: Misty Ridge Ski Hill
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. September 22, 2017. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Community Profiles from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision
- Aboriginal Population Profile from the 2006 Census, Statistics Canada - Census Subdivision
- "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities" (PDF). Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2012-03-01. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- "Standard Geographical Classification (SGC) 2006, Economic Regions: 4813018 - Barrhead County No. 11, geographical codes and localities, 2006". Statistics Canada. 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2012-08-11.