|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Ambon, Maluku article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Indonesia||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|Ambon, Maluku has been listed as a level-5 vital article in Geography, Cities. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as Start-Class.|
This article contains several paragraphs of overt and subliminal bias/slander. For it to remain in Wikipedia, as an encyclopædic entry, this article must be written objectively.--Cyberjunkie 02:24, 15 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- I have excised from the article the following:
- The Chronology:
- On the day, a drunk christian guy made some trouble in bus station, and got beaten by some muslim guys. this drunk man went home and got some of his friends, they went back to the bus station and did a revenge to the muslim guys. these Muslim guys also got their friends,... and in few turns it became a fight between big group, and not only between group, it became unrest between suburbs. one thing led to another, someone spread rumour that there is a fight between Muslim and Christian. things got worst when they started throwing stones at houses. Then they started setting fire on houses, and somehow some people were using traditional hand-made bombs to terror. Things were getting worst since some people died (you wouldn't just stay still if someone killed your friend) and houses were burnt. REVENGE is the key why it was getting bigger and bigger. Things were calming down for a while, but just because of some simple things, it would come up again. When there was a road accident, a mini-bus hit a Muslim kid and he died, because the driver was Christian, they started it again. They just needed a simple excuse, and it could turn to war again.
- It was POV, un-encyclpædic and downright bizarre.--Cyberjunkie 08:02, 28 Apr 2005 (UTC)
Somebody should move the conflict to a separate [Conflict in Ambon] page, as it's not strictly about Ambon city.
I was thinking to do so, but then I thought most people might want to know about that too. Ambon was quite unpopular before the riot, somehow the incident brought it up on news. It was a nice cornered place for tourism, especially for Dutch and European tourists. This information might be useful for tourists to monitor the latest condition before making decision to visit it. ( BlueCall 01:02, 26 January 2007 (UTC) )
Hospital ship photo wrong
It's a beautiful photo, but it's not correctly labeled. The ship in the photo is off Ternate. I'm not certain how to correct; just bringing it to the attention of a more technically knowledgeable person, hopefully. Thanks.Alisterus (talk) 16:36, 12 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Ambon, Maluku. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit User:Cyberpower678/FaQs#InternetArchiveBot*this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/tr01-17.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.