Talk:Assam Bengal Railway
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Thanks for tagging Bengal Assam Railway for ref improvement. Since I happen to be the only editor who contributed to the article, it deserves to be tagged appropriately. But, could you be a little more precise about why and how the references should be improved? I have also posted to you talk page. I am sure, anyone who ever takes a look at the citations will get be able to see that the sources are adequate. Do you need me to repeat the same sources with every line of the article? Or is it something else? Since this tagging looks a bit mistaken, would be you be offended if I remove the tag if there is no explanation forthcoming? Aditya(talk • contribs) 01:32, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- How do you sure anyone who ever takes a look at the citations will get be able to see that the sources are adequate? Different editors might have different view on this issues. This tagging doesn't look a bit mistaken. Since you happen to be the only editor that can be your personal opinion regarding on that issue. So instead of removing tag without providing further cittaions, you should add additional references to the article.--NAHID 08:09, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Please, do not move around the question. What exactly do you think is not coming clear from the citation that is already given? Aditya(talk • contribs) 08:22, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- If any problem can't be identified with current citations (apart from the fact that they are not repeated with every line), the tag may be a bit inappropriate. Can I remove it then? Aditya(talk • contribs) 05:50, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- You should not remove the tag unless you improve the references. This article can be expanded and needs additional references for its verification. The tag is not inappropriate. BTW, the name of article need to be renamed (
Bengal Assam Railway) as Assam Bengal Railway.--NAHID 06:10, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- Let's see. You are saying:
- "...improve the references": Exactly what kind of improvement?
- "This article can be expanded": Of course. It's just a stub. But, that observation is not related to citations in any way.
- "...needs additional references for its verification": The existing citations consist solely of weblinks, and should be easy to verify. Adding more references are not related to verification of existing cites.
- Do you need any other explanation? Your tagging apparently needs a bit more explanation, though. Aditya(talk • contribs) 07:37, 15 January 2008 (UTC)
- NAHID, I'm wondering what is the current problem with the references. Could you please say what the problems are with the current sources and why you think the article needs more sources? Thanks, Nishkid64 (talk) 03:42, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Let's see. You are saying:
Bengal Assam Railway History
There are sources if some one wants to crawl through India Office papers in London. I know at least two books describing in detail the locomotive history of this railway. And in offical War History are told all the improvements made to the main line during the 1942-1945. Historians interested in the subject should read Hugh Hughes Indian Locomotives Part 2 Metre Gauge Locomotives 1872 - 1940 ( ISBN 0 9503469 9 3 ) and Part 4 1941 - 1990 ( ISBN 0 9521655 1 1 1 ) in addition to Richard Tourret United States Army Transportation Corps Locomotives ( ISBN 0 905878 01 9 ). I can compile from locomotive builders works lists all locomotives which were sent to this Railway and the locomotives of Assam Bengal Railway, Assam Railways and Trading Company ( usually called Dibru - Sadiya Railway ) in addition to the Eastern Bengal State Railways which formed the Bengal - Assam Railway from January 1942. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:37, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- I don't have access to the London material. Can you add a little to the article on your own? Aditya(talk • contribs) 02:35, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
Apparently Bengal Assam Railway was a short lived sub-part of Assam Bengal Railway. Looking at the articles, I see no reason to keep them apart. At least not for a very long time to come. Aditya(talk • contribs) 04:09, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
- Good idea. Interesting history though! --regentspark (comment) 11:39, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
Assam Bengal railway
'Assam Bengal Railway' and 'Bengal Assam Railway' were two separate companies. So, 'Assam Bengal Railway' should not be redirected to 'Assam Bengal Railway' Babulbaishya (talk) 07:40, 9 February 2014 (UTC)