|Bricker Amendment is a featured article; it (or a previous version of it) has been identified as one of the best articles produced by the Wikipedia community. Even so, if you can update or improve it, please do so.|
|This article appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page as Today's featured article on October 28, 2006.|
|Bricker Amendment has been selected to be featured on the Conservatism Portal.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Text of the amendment?
Most articles on US constitutional amendments include the full text of the amendment. That's the first thing I looked for in this one after reading the lead section -- why isn't it given? I understand that the amendment was proposed in various forms and none of them actually passed, but that's no reason not to give some form of it -- say the one that came one vote short of passing in the Senate. If it's very long, then at least give some key part of this, or say it's too long to quote on full.
18.104.22.168 02:14, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
- The article used to have a header "For the texts of proposals, see Texts of the Bricker Amendment"; but the link and article both disappeared several revisions ago. I've recreated the article; is there any reason I shouldn't restore the link?--Orange Mike 02:45, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
- They were moved to wikisource where they properly belong. Raul654 15:59, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
This article is extremely inaccurate, and paints non-interventionism as xenophobic, when non-interventionists tended to favor open borders. The Alien and Sedition Acts have nothing to do with non-interventionism and their inclusion in this article is misleading. Non-interventionism is based on the idea that countries can engage in private commerce and cultural activities without killing each other. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 13:17, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- The article is not about non-interventionism; it is about the Bricker Amendment, and distinguishes quite adequately between nationalism and non-interventionism. --Orange Mike | Talk 20:15, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
Carol Anne Bond v. United States
Is this June 2014 case relevant to the article and worthy of a mention? See discussion at http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118059/bond-v-us-supreme-court-resists-radical-takeover-foreign-policy, and case at http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/13pdf/12-158_6579.pdf.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Bricker Amendment. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060502035633/http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/democrac/49.htm to http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/democrac/49.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070921014711/http://ftp.ibiblio.org:80/hyperwar/Dip/PaW/083.html to http://ftp.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/Dip/PaW/083.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060929173143/http://www.ohchr.org/english/law/genocide.htm to http://www.ohchr.org/english/law/genocide.htm
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070928015042/http://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential-papers/first-term/documents/684.cfm to http://www.eisenhowermemorial.org/presidential-papers/first-term/documents/684.cfm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.