- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: move to Ekaterine Dadiani, Princess of Mingrelia. Unfortunately, there wasn't much input on this, so I'm just going based on preferences as provided. -- tariqabjotu 00:27, 16 September 2013 (UTC)
Ekaterine Dadiani, Princess of Megrelia → ? – Which is more common Megrelia or Mingrelia or Samegrelo or Samargalo? We have an article for Samegrelo, one for Principality of Mingrelia and there is Nino, Princess of Mingrelia. I created a List of Princes of Mingrelia recently, still unsure about that title too. What do other people think? What is the correct name for the state, or the common name which sources use. Relisted. BDD (talk) 18:36, 26 August 2013 (UTC) --The Emperor's New Spy (talk) 02:08, 17 August 2013 (UTC)
- Relisting comment Especially if no further input is given, do you have a preference? In a week's time, we could be in the unusual case of an unopposed RM closed as no consensus. Or are you ok with the current title as well? --BDD (talk) 18:36, 26 August 2013 (UTC)
- I prefer the English Mingrelia per WP:UE rather than the Russian Megrelia or the Georgian Samegrelo and I have just opened an RM at Talk:Samegrelo to discuss that name. — AjaxSmack 00:12, 28 August 2013 (UTC)
- Mingrelia is a historical name and its usage is justified for the former principality. I'd also prefer Mingrelia over Megrelia. Also, since our guidelines recommend to use maiden names for the consorts, I think the article should be titled as Ekaterine Chavchavadze, Princess of Mingrelia or simply Ekaterine Chavchavadze as we have it on Georgian Wikipedia.--KoberTalk 19:13, 29 August 2013 (UTC)
- What do sources call her Ekaterine Dadiani or Ekaterine Chavchavadze?--The Emperor's New Spy (talk) 03:20, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
- Both... with no clear preference. That's why I was referring to the wikipedia guidelines. --KoberTalk 04:11, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
- Mingrelia preferred to Megrelia or Samegrelo, per Kober. I do think maiden name would be best though, linking to her marital title. FactStraight (talk) 01:43, 30 August 2013 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.