|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Actors and Filmmakers / Musicians||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject Women||(Rated Stub-class)|
|The following references may be useful when improving this article in the future:
- all the sources indicate the spelling "McLain" is correct. xenocidic (talk) 15:16, 7 February 2008 (UTC)
- Within the commentary for Portal, her name is spelt "McClain" or "McClane" several times. Her voice is also used within the other games in the orange box, and the credits in the manual booklet thing list her as "McClain" in one game, and "McClane" in another. I just think they didn't know how to spell her name, and different people guessed different ways =] --22.214.171.124 (talk) 19:47, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
Can someone add a recording of her voice?
- That's partly because she's REALLY good at doing other tones. I could lift a couple seconds of her speaking naturaly from the Portal commentary, if that's an acceptable entry. --Kinkoblast (talk) 16:46, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Add an image? I've found several with google, can an image of a person be copyrighted?
"She is the only person to have her voice in all the games in The Orange Box."
I fail to see the relevance of this article at all. It's not like every person who contributed to a game in some way needs their own wiki bio, unless they're especially notable. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 13:53, 14 October 2009 (UTC)
- This is very notable. I think many players of the games (and there are a lot) would want information about the very likable characters voiced by Ellen, and they need a page to codify that information. Sushovande (talk) 20:35, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Turret opera (Portal 2)
I believe she also does the opera singing for the turret opera bit, not sure of any citations I can provide though. I'm referring to this.
Left 4 Dead 2
An additional Filmography note, she provided the voice of the witch in L4D2. Ref: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1655889/ —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:10, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
"Best Performance by a Human Female"
'In December 2011, she won the Spike Video Game Award in the category "Best Performance by a Human Female" for her voice acting as GLaDOS in Portal 2, unhindered by the ironic fact that GLaDOS isn't actually a human female.' What exactly is the point here? As it's written, the award is for the best performance BY a human female, not FOR [the presentation of] a human female. I fail to see the irony.Weirdtheory (talk) 17:35, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
WISH IT INC.
Ellen has been in a webseries called WISH IT INC. produced by Synthetic PictureHaus (https://www.youtube.com/user/syntheticph/videos) at YouTube, she played a "Fairy Godmother". Does a weberies (only had one season so far) qualify to be in a Wikipedia article? (t) Josve05a (c) 22:28, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
- Only if there's third-party coverage in reliable sources, such as published reviews or newspaper articles that mention this web series in some detail. Huon (talk) 23:08, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Ellen McLain. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091221091929/http://music.ign.com/articles/922/922638p2.html to http://music.ign.com/articles/922/922638p2.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.